PDA

View Full Version : Rapide v. Ghost

Policy Limits
12-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Aston Martin and Rolls Royce both have 12 cylinder engines and are hand made in England. Both are luxury vehicles and both are four door

But the Rapide is so tight; I was expecting a Panamera feel of comfort and room and yet experienced the opposite in both the drivers seat and the back seat. Pretty disappointing.

The Rolls test drive was extensive. 30 miles and it felt classy. It's like you're floating on a cloud. The suicide doors in the rear are so choice. Front grill is aggressive. Lots of features. And don't forget the thing comes standard with an umbrella installed in the door lol. Much more exclusive than the Aston.

Both 1/4 mill price tag range. This one goes to the Ghost.

Newport Viper
12-11-2013, 10:38 PM
http://srv2.betterparts.org/images/aston-martin-rapide-02.jpg

http://srv2.betterparts.org/images/rolls-royce-ghost-09.jpg

Chorps
12-11-2013, 10:48 PM
The Rapide is just a 4 door in name. I was at the dealer in Vancouver and my dad bumped his head getting into the back and he's only 5'5". Think of it as a 2+2 with easier access to the jump seats in the back.

C.J
12-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Assuming there are dealerships or service outlets nearby for the Rolls, go for the Rolls. They have a commanding presence on the road, and as you mention, the ride experience is unique.

slowhatch
12-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Usability non withstanding, the rapide makes the ghost look like a tin can.

Policy Limits
12-12-2013, 09:33 AM
I actually also compared them to the Bentley CGT and ended up purchasing the latter. Better combination of luxury and sport.

XSnake
12-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Rapide all the way coming from a DB9 owner

C.J
12-12-2013, 10:50 AM
I actually also compared them to the Bentley CGT and ended up purchasing the latter. Better combination of luxury and sport.

Awesome car, great choice! Does the Bentley offer better driver feedback than the Rolls?

Policy Limits
12-12-2013, 12:30 PM
B was much faster. Even though they both have 12 cylinder engines the Ghost was slow in comparison. To fix this Rolls introduced the "Wraith" which is basically a two door Ghost, smaller and sportier and targeting a consumer in his 40's instead of one in his 60's. haven't tested that model yet though.