PDA

View Full Version : Back in a Viper

KEast
09-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Hello fellow Viper owners. Just got back into a viper after a 3 year hiatus. Hard to get these cars out of your system once you have had one. Just picked up a new GenV from the Houston area (2014 GTS), it was a great 280 mile drive back home.

I have a question as I am not familiar with what is normal yet on the Gen V. In the trunk, you have the panel to access to battery, PCM (I presume PCM or BCM), and Amplifier?

After my trip back I was sorting out the various odds and ends I had in the trunk from the trip and lifted the cover to check out the modules. I noticed the right and center module (battery on left) are quite hot to the touch after a 5 hour drive. The floor area is no hot at all. I want to assume this is just normal, but figured I would toss this out into the forum to confirm.

Car ran flawlessly, and OMG how different it is then my Gen III was. I loved my Gen III, she was the dirty girl with the mods she had. The difference in the drive was noticeable immediately, and the torque is amazing. I was running 70-95 most of the way back varying the speed and its just felt fantastic.

Im also still amazed at the attention these cars get. I had 4 cell phone photos taken within the first 30 minutes, at least 2-3 people in Honda's revving their engines as they drove by (always good for a chukle). The thing I love the most, young kid prob 10 hanging out the door at a stop light saying "cool car". I remember being young and falling in love with hot rods, aint life grand.

ViperSmith
09-12-2015, 09:35 PM
PCM under hood behind drivers side front wheel well

viper_eddie
09-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Congrats and pics or it never happened!

darbgnik
09-12-2015, 10:23 PM
The middle module is the suspension control module?

Destrukt
09-12-2015, 10:49 PM
What color? Post a pic, and congrats!

Rapidrezults
09-13-2015, 12:35 AM
The middle module is the suspension control module?

Yes.

swexlin
09-13-2015, 06:03 AM
Congrats! I also went from a Gen 3 to a Gen5, and there is quite the difference!

VIPERGTSRT10
09-13-2015, 07:16 AM
Congrats on the new car, all Vipers are awesome but the Gen5 is definitely something special.

Track Pack
09-13-2015, 07:40 AM
Congrats, welcome back!

KEast
09-13-2015, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome back. Ill snap some photos today, gotta wipe the bugs off from the trip back from Houston. It was breeding season for some sort of little black flying bug, they were flying around connected to each other by the hundrers. Car is Black/Billet with Black wheels.

If you guys go and feel those modules after a drive, do your warm up?

Destrukt
09-13-2015, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome back. Ill snap some photos today, gotta wipe the bugs off from the trip back from Houston. It was breeding season for some sort of little black flying bug, they were flying around connected to each other by the hundrers. Car is Black/Billet with Black wheels.

If you guys go and feel those modules after a drive, do your warm up?

Those are love bugs, they were all over the place here in Houston especially at memorial park where I go running

KEast
09-13-2015, 11:40 AM
Hello fellow Viper owners. Just got back into a viper after a 3 year hiatus. Hard to get these cars out of your system once you have had one. Just picked up a new GenV from the Houston area (2014 GTS), it was a great 280 mile drive back home.

I have a question as I am not familiar with what is normal yet on the Gen V. In the trunk, you have the panel to access to battery, PCM (I presume PCM or BCM), and Amplifier?

After my trip back I was sorting out the various odds and ends I had in the trunk from the trip and lifted the cover to check out the modules. I noticed the right and center module (battery on left) are quite hot to the touch after a 5 hour drive. The floor area is no hot at all. I want to assume this is just normal, but figured I would toss this out into the forum to confirm.

Car ran flawlessly, and OMG how different it is then my Gen III was. I loved my Gen III, she was the dirty girl with the mods she had. The difference in the drive was noticeable immediately, and the torque is amazing. I was running 70-95 most of the way back varying the speed and its just felt fantastic.

Im also still amazed at the attention these cars get. I had 4 cell phone photos taken within the first 30 minutes, at least 2-3 people in Honda's revving their engines as they drove by (always good for a chukle). The thing I love the most, young kid prob 10 hanging out the door at a stop light saying "cool car". I remember being young and falling in love with hot rods, aint life grand.

LmeaViper
09-13-2015, 12:52 PM
nice car...congrats

KB Viper
09-13-2015, 03:47 PM
i love the black with silver stripes. great looking snake!