PDA

View Full Version : A few more questions about leftover 14's...

gateman
09-10-2015, 06:38 PM
IIve been on the hunt for a new viper, seems like the time to buy is now..
Will any of the larger Viper dealers offer discounts that some of the smaller dealerships are doing??
I realize that the big 3 constantly have lots of traffic, so they can hold out for the unprepared buyer thats ok with a few grand off MSRP.
Some of the deals out there are 30-35k off msrp. So will the big players ever go that low?
Also if buying a two year old new car, how much damage can occur from being in the showroom that long?
Ive found some that are stored in a warehouse, so that would obviously be a plus, but how much better is the question?
Thank you...

7TH_SIGN
09-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Sticker was $140,000 on a local 2014 GTS fully loaded with stripes. Walked in to the dealership and offered $90k. They countered with $92,000. So deals are out there but I think it will be harder to see something like this at a dealership that moves Vipers fast and frequently. This one in question had been sitting in the showroom for over a year.

1ststrike
09-10-2015, 07:34 PM
The answer is not likely. And why should they when they are selling them for more? It is about making some money. The smaller dealers don't have the right customers coming thru the door most of the time.

gateman
09-11-2015, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the replies.
Very good point on the waterspots.
I agree on the bigger dealers, even on new vettes, the #1 and #2 largest dealers in the U.S. sell them all day long at MSRP

Aspirations57
09-11-2015, 10:13 AM
sent you a PM

dmann
09-11-2015, 10:54 AM
I got a '13 with water spots and... the guys that wash these cars dont car one flip about the paint. I had to work on the paint to get it right.
I'm in the market again and kinda in the same boat as you. I am on the hunt but haven't seen the deal/combo that I want.

Bill Pemberton
09-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Check your PMs

Taximan1
09-11-2015, 11:14 AM
In searching for a GenV, what I found is (and what we now know is). The MSRP is a totally meaningless number. Example: I wanted an Orange TA (120,480 msrp).. for me, it was that car or bust.. I could have bought a loaded 140k gts for less, and it wouldn't have changed my mind. that was the car I wanted.

What I found is, they are very difficult to find. And when they do pop up, they sell quickly at very healthy prices. SO I ended up buying one... But I paid for it.

Yet, I saw many loaded up GTS's with 140 stickers (usually in off colors, bad options or solids). the dealers literally could not give away. I could have taken my pick, at 95-100 range. Which would be 40k off sticker. But yet, they still sat.

Now that car has been out a few years, the market has spoken. And has determined some cars with high msrps are actually worth less then some other models. Color is HUGE, by far one of the biggest factors... there could be a 15-20k swing in 2 otherwise equal cars based on color alone.

So, to answer your question. You cant base a "good deal" upon what discount off msrp was. A loaded up 140k GTS in red (for example) is worth significantly less in the market, than an Orange TA (120k sticker)

Bottom line. Buy the car YOU want. If you get a steal on a car you don't want.. It will always be the car you settled for. (ask me how I know, lol).

gateman
09-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Very good point Taximan..I too have also noticed than there are very few TA's for sale or there. Luckily for me, I want a GTS, however I love the laguana dipped interiors but, there aren't that many out there.

Destrukt
09-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the replies.
Very good point on the waterspots.
I agree on the bigger dealers, even on new vettes, the #1 and #2 largest dealers in the U.S. sell them all day long at MSRP

Incorrect, they are selling at supplier discount ( http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3710630-z06-supplier-pricing-a-kerbeck-corvette-exclusive.html ) =)

Aspirations57
09-11-2015, 08:09 PM
Very good point Taximan..I too have also noticed than there are very few TA's for sale or there. Luckily for me, I want a GTS, however I love the laguana dipped interiors but, there aren't that many out there.

Did you get my PM??

gateman
09-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Replied to all PM's..

I really feel for the guys selling used 14's, with the current price going in the 90's for brand new GTS vipers. Thats putting the used car market in the low 80 range, a brutal beating for those who paid MSRP or worse, paid MSRP plus "market adjustment"
Once again, thanks for the advice and the used car offers .

Does anybody know what invoice is on one of the GTC cars that MSRP for around 126K??

jkviper
09-11-2015, 11:05 PM
P
Replied to all PM's..

I really feel for the guys selling used 14's, with the current price going in the 90's for brand new GTS vipers. Thats putting the used car market in the low 80 range, a brutal beating for those who paid MSRP or worse, paid MSRP plus "market adjustment"
Once again, thanks for the advice and the used car offers .

Does anybody know what invoice is on one of the GTC cars that MSRP for around 126K??

Edmunds.com will let your build and price a Viper, shows both invoice and MSRP as well as Average paid.

Destrukt
09-11-2015, 11:47 PM
P

Edmunds.com will let your build and price a Viper, shows both invoice and MSRP as well as Average paid.

Is this considered usable ammo when negotiating prices at a dealership or is this frowned upon with the sales manager? I know each dealership is different, but some times the market speaks for itself and am wondering how accurate Edmunds is when comparing offers.

jkviper
09-12-2015, 09:01 AM
Is this considered usable ammo when negotiating prices at a dealership or is this frowned upon with the sales manager? I know each dealership is different, but some times the market speaks for itself and am wondering how accurate Edmunds is when comparing offers.

I don't see why not. Every negotiation is different and how you approach it is up to you. At Invoive, the dealer is still making 3% if not more depending on the hold back and to me that is a fair deal on a new car. If I were in negotiations for a car sitting on a dealer lot for over a year I would probably offer significantly lower and see what the dealer floor is.

Me personally, I look for a fair deal, may not be the lowest price that one individual paid for a similar car. But I would use a similar price as my offer and see how it goes.