PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli Tire Deals

Stealth
09-10-2015, 01:44 PM
I understand that Pirelli has offered Gen V VOA/Viper owners excellent deals on the purchase of tires through December 31, 2015. Thank you Pirelli! Has anyone checked elsewhere to see if this is the best deal?

Thanks!

Strykerviper2014
09-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Where do you buy the tires?

Stealth
09-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Either directly from Pirelli, or from alternatives such as Tire Rack and Forum Vendors. I am almost ready for a set and will order soon--Corsas.

GTSilver
09-10-2015, 03:30 PM
I got mine from Jon B, he's a forum vendor and his prices are competitive to others.

Rapidrezults
09-10-2015, 03:30 PM
I spoke with Tire Rack directly and was referred back to Jon B (Parts Rack) because the rep said I could get them cheaper from him even though they're coming from Tire Rack. Crazy stuff. $1479 + shipping for a set of Corsas.

CarolinaViper
09-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Either directly from Pirelli, or from alternatives such as Tire Rack and Forum Vendors. I am almost ready for a set and will order soon--Corsas.

Prior to the VOA-Pirelli offering, you could purchase direct from Pirelli? If, so at what saving over our vendors or on-line sites.

Stealth
09-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Prior to the VOA-Pirelli offering, you could purchase direct from Pirelli? If, so at what saving over our vendors or on-line sites.

First, Forum Vendor Jon B. is the Man! He has obtained many items for my Vipers and other vehicles, including 2 sets of HREs, 2 sets of Exhausts, Brake Rotors, etc. Each time he did so quickly and at fair prices. I will be checking with him on the Tires as well.

Here is what Pirelli sent as a special VOA offer:

PRICES (Warehouse price / Factory Direct Price)

P ZERO Front P295/30ZR18 (94Y): $346/$250
PZERO Rear P355/30ZR19 (99Y)LL: $677/$375
Set of 4 P ZEROs: $2046/$1250
(A $795+ savings)

CORSA Front P295/30ZR18 (94Y): $481/$325
CORSA Rear P355/30ZR19 (99Y)LL: $970/$450
Set of 4 CORSAs: $2902/$1550
(A $1350+ savings)

THE FINE PRINT:

• Factory Direct pricing applies only to Pirelli Viper tires.
• Offer valid in US and Canada only.
• Factory Direct price INCLUDES shipping in continental US and Canada. (Most warehouse prices do not.)
• Tires must be ordered directly from Pirelli (See contact info below).
• This is a VOA member benefit and tires are not for resale. Limit 2 sets per member.
• Only available to VOA members. Membership in VOA will be verified before tires are shipped.
• Offer valid until Dec. 31, 2015.
• Prices are not valid on previous sales or sales through warehouses or dealers.

ORDERING INFO

To place an order, contact one of the following during normal business hours (EST):

Michael Walls - Michael.Walls@Pirelli.com - 706.368.5871

or

Heather Robinson - Heather.Robinson@Pirelli.com - 706.368.5868

Have your VOA membership number and credit card ready.

swexlin
09-10-2015, 04:18 PM
I got mine from Jon B, he's a forum vendor and his prices are competitive to others.

This. I got a set from Jon B. They are sitting in my rec room, waiting to go on in the spring.

FSTENUF
09-10-2015, 04:20 PM
This. I got a set from Jon B. They are sitting in my rec room, waiting to go on in the spring.

Yep I did the same. Call Jon for the best price and service.

repiV
09-10-2015, 04:33 PM
I bought a set for my Gen3 in May from Pirelli with the VOA deal. It was the cheapest deal at the time with free shipping and no sales tax. Delivered to Woodhouse two days after I placed the order.

canadian viper
09-10-2015, 05:35 PM
i bought a set from pirelli direct. and will order another set this month. free shipping for us in canada.

cashcorn
09-10-2015, 06:14 PM
^^^ Corsa's $1,550. including shipping/no tax? thanks

VIPERGTSRT10
09-10-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm wondering if I should order a set before the end of the year. How many miles are you guys getting out of your Corsas?

venum4u
09-10-2015, 10:18 PM
Got mine from Jon-b, at very good price.

SilveRT8
09-11-2015, 01:33 AM
My car has the Track pack Sidewinder 2 with Corsas, so I got another set with P-Zero and Sidewinder 2 from JonB for street driving.

GBS
09-11-2015, 05:42 AM
I also got a set of P-Zeros from Parts Rack for a little cheaper than the VOA Pirelli tire deal. Jon's always great to deal with.

swexlin
09-11-2015, 05:48 AM
I'm wondering if I should order a set before the end of the year. How many miles are you guys getting out of your Corsas?

Get them while the deal is hot. I have 10,000 on mine, and there is plenty of tread left, but they may not pass PA inspection next month......PA is a PITA with tires. If so, I'll let the inspection expire (won't be driving the car much over the winter) and have the new set put on next spring and inspected then.

VIPERGTSRT10
09-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Get them while the deal is hot. I have 10,000 on mine, and there is plenty of tread left, but they may not pass PA inspection next month......PA is a PITA with tires. If so, I'll let the inspection expire (won't be driving the car much over the winter) and have the new set put on next spring and inspected then.

Thanks, I only have ~1600 on my car right now. If I buy them now they may be old before I put them on. If you got 10k out of a set I guess I should be ok for the next couple of years at least.

Voice of Reason
09-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Thanks, I only have ~1600 on my car right now. If I buy them now they may be old before I put them on. If you got 10k out of a set I guess I should be ok for the next couple of years at least.

Gen I Vipers are meant to be polished and stored, Gen V are meant to be driven. Strap on your driving shoes and get busy! :)

I'm buying tires in December for sure. I have ~6,500 miles on mine now and will be putting two more auto x and a couple thousand of cruising miles on before the end of the year. If the new tires aren't needed immediately they will be shortly once I start driving again next spring.

ACR08
09-11-2015, 09:36 AM
I got a set of Corsa from Jon B. He was great to work with. They were delivered with in 24 hrs of ordering. Get the heat cycle to make them last longer. I may buy another set since they are "so cheap" right now. I really enjoyed the tire both on the road and on the track.

Simms
09-11-2015, 10:01 AM
How many miles are you guys getting out of Corsa's with track time?

Bill Pemberton
09-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Maurice brokered the Deal with Pirelli and it includes shipping right to your door as noted. If you are not tracking your car, or only occasionally , try a set of PZeroes , because at 1250 the price is exceptional. The tire is very stable and wears well on the track , but for the majority of folks it is one dang good tire for the street, cruising ,etc. We pounded on a 2014 SRT at the 4th annual Viper Rendezvous and everyone who took the car to the track was amazed at how good the feel was with these tires. Nice to see this benefit for being a member of VOA.

lochnessmonster
09-11-2015, 12:44 PM
For those of us living in Canada, the deal provided by Pirelli to members is BY FAR the most economical. It is an awesome deal!!! The shipping on tires from the U.S. to Canada is going to run about $600.00 alone, on top of the cost of the tires, if they are purchased elsewhere. I looked into some tires from Tire Rack for my S2000, and this was what I was looking at for all four tires, so I would assume it would be roughly the same for the Viper tires. I'm sure I speak for the other Viper owners in Canada when I say that we are very grateful for this opportunity. Don't even get me started on what the price of a Pirelli PZero is bought from a dealer in Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if they charged in excess of $800.00 per tire!!! That's how ridiculous it is here. Anyway, I just wish the Canadian dollar wasn't in the tank right now. I'm going to wait a couple of months and see if it recovers a bit before making my purchase from Pirelli.

VIPERGTSRT10
09-11-2015, 01:55 PM
Gen I Vipers are meant to be polished and stored, Gen V are meant to be driven. Strap on your driving shoes and get busy! :)

I know! That was definitely the plan when I bought it, I said I was going to drive it more than I drove the Vipers I had before this one (a bit more mileage isn't a significant amount in depreciation). I feel like I have been driving it quite a bit, but based on the mileage over the past year it seems that I haven't been driving it all that much more. Problem is, I just don't drive all that much (don't have a lot of miles on my daily driver either), I guess I need to take a day every once in a while and just go on a cruise (trouble is finding the time). Hopefully in the next year or so I'll have more smiles/miles on it!

darbgnik
09-11-2015, 11:35 PM

I get about 2, could possibly stretch it out to 3 track days on my front Corsas, my current rears have 4 track days on them, and I am going to get a fifth, and maybe more.

I ordered two complete sets of Corsas from the Pirelli deal, but realistically, I should have ordered one rear set, and three sets of fronts. lol

I always get a kick out of telling guys how my 645 HP RWD Viper goes through three of fronts per one set of backs, gets 'em head scratching.

As a side note, with the TA alignment on my car, the inside edges of the Corsas wear very quickly up front, so if you drive significantly more street miles between track days, maybe a set of PZeros would be prudent. Luckily, I kill off the rest of the fronts on track before the inside wear becomes an issue...... at least, I think I'm lucky.

Stealth
09-12-2015, 01:47 PM
My Corsas are still going strong after 5k mi. and 2 HPDEs. I have the GTS alignment--not the added negative camber of the TA alignment.

esm_viper
11-08-2015, 08:04 PM
So are you guys just emaiing Jon B or ordering off the website?

http://www.viperpartsrack.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=pirelli&product_id=405

XSnake
11-08-2015, 08:17 PM

http://www.viperpartsrack.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=pirelli&product_id=405

http://driveviper.com/pirelli/

esm_viper
11-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Thanks!

catwood
11-08-2015, 08:51 PM

I'm over 2500 but I have 3 track days on them. I did have to replace the front left due to the stock alignment and it got chunked. the other three look fine still. I'd go again with these.

darbgnik
11-08-2015, 09:59 PM
I'm on my third set of front Corsas, with 5000 miles, a bunch of track days, and the TA alignment. But strangely enough, the original rear Corsas on this RWD, 645 HP car are mint!

An FYI, even though the TA alignment wears the inner edge of the tires faster, it slows the wear of the outer edge, which is helpful if you track the car with any frequency. With a 600 mile round trip to the track, my tires seem to wear mostly even, with the outer edges getting slightly more from the track.

With the TA alignment, the car handles beautifully, but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't track the car a lot, judging by my tire wear.......

esm_viper
11-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Got the tires today, talk about great service! That was the easiest $1,500 I've ever spent.

TheKosherStogie
11-25-2015, 01:21 PM
What does it mean by membership #?
I'm a forum member but is there some other VOA membership I don't know of?

Bill Pemberton
11-25-2015, 01:26 PM
Go to The Club at the top of the Forums. Joining the actual Club gives you other nice perks , like being able to get Pirelli's at a big discount and free shipping. Note under your name , it says Enthusiast, and just signing up for a Forum , does not make you a member of the actual Viper Owner's Association. The dues are reasonable and if you look into all the perks ( magazines, events like NVE2, discounts for members ,etc. ) it is easy to see why you should actually join the rest of us Viper sickos.

JonB ~ PartsRack
11-25-2015, 01:43 PM

Just shoot me an email: JonB@PartsRack.com, thanks.

$1239/set P-Zeros
$1479/set CORSAs

$80-$110/set USA Ship.
No Sales Taxes.