PDA

View Full Version : Help removing registration stickers please

Vprbite
09-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Everything is bigger in Texas, right? Well my current Viper came from there 2 years ago and still has those texas front window registration stickers on it. I tried to peel them right away and they seemed to just want to flake or half come off in strips, with the colored part still stuck to the window. Can any of you guys recommend anything? Goof-off, WD-40, razor blade? You guys must have to do it every year right so I can't believe I haven't thought of asking in this section yet. What's the best way to go about this. I am willing to trade time and elbow grease for the safety of my viper. So, if there is some volatile chemical that works but melts your dash of it drips, I might go with more physical option. Whatever works though, right?

All help is appreciated.

Jay Lopez
09-06-2015, 11:41 PM
Razor blade

Vprbite
09-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Razor blade

That's what I was thinking. Gen III doesn't have any tint to get scratched there? And it's kinda platic-y. Does soaking it help?

01sapphirebob
09-07-2015, 08:46 AM
So my car came from texas as well. I peeled as much as i could by hand. Inactually was anle to peel the whole thing off. Then I was left with the glue on the windsheild. I used goo gone or goo off. Whatever its called. Lol. The excess glue came right off.

venomous08
09-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Emblem adhesive remover. Put some on a blue shop towel and soak it. Should loosen it up. Also can knock it off with the razor and use to remove the glue. Stuff works better than "go be gone".

Vprbite
09-07-2015, 07:47 PM
I would think Texans would have petitioned to have that changed by now. That seems like a colossal PITA every year. And you have to have a front plate. C'mon Texas! Ya gotta fight for your rights.

Thanks for the tips. I will try it this week.