PDA

View Full Version : Packaging Autoart models for shipping.

Fatboy 18
12-11-2013, 06:25 AM
Just wanted to post up a warning if you plan ever to send one of these through the post, I just did and it did not turn out well :(

The Autoart Viper models have a plastic strap around the front hood that prevents the hood from falling off in transit, the plastic strap is held in place by a single screw at the base of the model.

Sadly this screw came detached from the model due to rough handling with the UPS delivery service. As a result the hood flew around inside the box damaging the model breaking the front wheel off and other parts.

Please see attached pics.

So if you do send a model through the post, I would advise you to use some cling film over the hood and doors to wrap the model to the base of the display stand taking care not to damage the aerials.

I can't tell you how upset I am this has happened, I have submitted a claim but I doubt it will come to much :( Its another hassle I don't need.

Happy Christmas
Mark

Canadian venom
12-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Same happened to me with the 91 viper but luckily, "only" the rear spoiler and a miroir where damaged.... Good glue and now you can't tell ;)

LittleCobra
12-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Does the seller have a 100% feedback rating?

Fatboy 18
12-14-2013, 02:06 PM
I Shipped the car to a fellow VOA member to help him out with his collection, I thought the car was secure enough and shook it about and checked it prior to shipping, the shippers must have really thrown it about :(

The good news, if you can call it that is the shippers admitted liability and refunded the shipping and paid a percentage of the cost of the model, but I would rather have the model in one piece.