PDA

View Full Version : Can the 1 of 1 GTC cars be had for less than MSRP?

gateman
08-31-2015, 06:11 PM
I'm in the market for a new Viper.. Found some great deals all over but none exactly like I want. If I'm going to drop 100k+ on a new ride, might as well get what I want.. My preferred build comes out to 128K. So, are there any dealers that will sell a pre-paid, ordered GTC car for less than the listed price on the 1 of 1 build site??

orlanderlv
08-31-2015, 06:50 PM
Just order a Viper to your specs. There are several dealerships offering discounts on all variants (GT, GTS, ACR, TA). Just don't expect the moon.

Dman
08-31-2015, 08:26 PM
I got invoice deal offered just walking in to a dealer for a built 1of1, tried a TA 2.0 and an ACR optioned 1of1. But they required a non refundable deposit since they lost money on previous viper stock. So I'd think invoice would be pretty much standard, there's still about $4k left in hold back money for them.

sparkrn
08-31-2015, 08:48 PM
Yes it can. its called a green sheet and will saved you about 10k. Just have to have a family member work for Chrysler

gateman
08-31-2015, 10:26 PM
Thanks everyone!
So what is approx invoice on the GTS? I realize the GTC are a huge variable depending on the build

Unfortunately, I don't know anybody that works for Chrysler, I live in Camry city.. (great deals on toyota though)

2doorrocket
09-01-2015, 04:55 AM
Hey, it's just a Viper. I'm buying my ACR for Invoice - Holdback. There is nothing special about a 1:1 that you should have to pay MSRP or more.

Dman
09-01-2015, 07:46 AM
Thanks everyone!
So what is approx invoice on the GTS? I realize the GTC are a huge variable depending on the build

Unfortunately, I don't know anybody that works for Chrysler, I live in Camry city.. (great deals on toyota though)

I don't know if someone can chime in with a cheat sheet. Generally the forums don't react too well to talking about price. If you have a Dodge dealer, they can pull it right up on the computer, that's what the sales guy & sales manager did when I went in, they turned the screen towards me, built 3 different configs I was interested in and showed me the invoice and hold back numbers. The invoice 'discount' ranged from about $8-10k for what I was building and then the hold back, they said they'd only go a few hundred under invoice since they lost $50k in past viper sales altogether. He seemed apologetic for that, but I thought it was a great deal for just walking in. But looks like there are some with even better deals, 2door's might be as good as you could ever hope for, invoice - hold back, I think below that and they lose money, which wouldn't make sense on a car you're ordering. That's a helluva deal.

XSnake
09-01-2015, 07:57 AM
I got invoice deal offered just walking in to a dealer for a built 1of1, tried a TA 2.0 and an ACR optioned 1of1. But they required a non refundable deposit since they lost money on previous viper stock. So I'd think invoice would be pretty much standard, there's still about $4k left in hold back money for them.

Invoice it not standard. 1 case does not set the norm.

genVer
09-01-2015, 08:02 AM
I don't know if someone can chime in with a cheat sheet. Generally the forums don't react too well to talking about price.

Not always though. On the Jeep Wrangler forums they actually post a spreadsheet with invoice cost of every option to help buyers get the best deal. Sure makes things a lot easier when you can build the specific vehicle you want and know exactly what is should cost.

Dman
09-01-2015, 08:45 AM
Not always though. On the Jeep Wrangler forums they actually post a spreadsheet with invoice cost of every option to help buyers get the best deal. Sure makes things a lot easier when you can build the specific vehicle you want and know exactly what is should cost.

Yea, I meant this forum. Other car forums and bike forums I belong to have sticky threads for what people paid and purchasing info like your example, here it's a little funny in that regard, talking price usually drums up a little drama for some reaso

Bill Pemberton
09-01-2015, 10:35 AM
There is no Employee Purchase Program on the 1 of 1 , ACR, etc. Before someone one suggests it is listed on the invoice, that is true and has been for years, but the rules specifically state exceptions -- i.e. Hellcats, ACRs , etc.

gateman
09-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the replies.. None of the dealers near me sell vipers or even have viper techs, closest one is 65 miles.
So, i will look into the bigger Viper dealers nationwide, plan on doing factory pickup anyway..
I did find one that was very close to what i wanted sans GTS dipped interior option and wrong color stripes. But it's roughly
25-30k cheaper, going off listed sticker prices..