PDA

View Full Version : Real world price for Gen V Viper?

PackManDan
08-30-2015, 06:45 PM
What would you guys say is a realistic real-world price that I could find a Gen V (2013-2014) SRT or GTS for from Private Party or Dealer? I might also wait until next Christmas to purchase one. Do you think the price would go down noticeably by then with the new ACR coming out?

vegasgtr
08-30-2015, 06:48 PM
between 72-80K

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourc eContext=&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c23356&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=89138&distance=NATIONWIDE&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true

TexasSnake
08-30-2015, 07:39 PM
I
between 72-80K

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourc eContext=&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c23356&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=89138&distance=NATIONWIDE&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true

That site has better prices than EBay for sure.

ViperSmith
08-30-2015, 07:40 PM
Private party, I think you are seeing the floor sit around 75-85 and i don't see it dropping much beyond that.

serpent
08-30-2015, 08:12 PM
Used 2013's I've seen get down to $69k. Winter time you will see more of these prices.

I really can't wait, I was considering a GT350, but at the end of the day, that is a Mustang. I want to drive my obtainable dream car!

Simms
08-30-2015, 08:18 PM
A LOT of car for those ridiculous prices.

vegasgtr
08-30-2015, 08:44 PM
A LOT of car for those ridiculous prices.

I agree! it was once priced at 140K , with 2000 miles can be had for 75k thats a solid deal. No other car like it on the road. till this day i have not seen one Gen V on the road.

PackManDan
08-30-2015, 09:03 PM
I agree! it was once priced at 140K , with 2000 miles can be had for 75k thats a solid deal. No other car like it on the road. till this day i have not seen one Gen V on the road.

I concur. I have never seen one on the road. And they have been out for a couple years now. Crazy stuff.

Arizona Vipers
08-30-2015, 09:54 PM
I just bought a red 2013 with 11K miles for $68K from a dealer. Sabelt seats package, Track package and red seat belts are the only options.

Mclarengts
08-30-2015, 11:15 PM
^ I hope that deal is around come march 2016

zee
08-31-2015, 02:10 AM
I've been watching prices very closely for the past year and what everyone is saying is pretty spot on. You can get a really clean 2013/2014 base model for 70-75k and some GTS's are even dropping in mid to high 70s. I am hoping I can get a TA for around that this winter when I'm ready to buy.

PittsburghRT
08-31-2015, 02:22 PM
I've been watching prices very closely for the past year and what everyone is saying is pretty spot on. You can get a really clean 2013/2014 base model for 70-75k and some GTS's are even dropping in mid to high 70s. I am hoping I can get a TA for around that this winter when I'm ready to buy.

I agree. I have been thinking about an upgrade myself.

mblgjr
08-31-2015, 02:53 PM
For a full option GTS theyre hanging in the 90s.

Base SRT trims can be had in the 70s.

Of course theres plenty in between and a few above.

ViperSmith
08-31-2015, 02:55 PM

I (personally) think 70's is going to be the floor for awhile. But time shall tell I reckon.

Dman
08-31-2015, 03:24 PM
For a full option GTS theyre hanging in the 90s.

Base SRT trims can be had in the 70s.

Of course theres plenty in between and a few above.

Yea, this is really a good point.

I think if you just want into a viper, there are some awesome deals to be had. Like the first run red track pack cars, like the one mentioned about in the 60's, they have a possibility of being buggy as they were the shake down run for the assembly line, but what a deal to get a car like that.

It does depend on what you want, highly loaded GTSs, those $140k+ stickered cars, and TAs of any year or color, aren't going to drop like it's hot. There may be one here & there for a desperate seller and quick buyer, but I think the real world range is $75-$90+ across all models, exact price varying that $15k or so is not much considering there was a $60k range in new pricing across lowest to highest models.

swexlin
08-31-2015, 04:14 PM
I just bought a red 2013 with 11K miles for $68K from a dealer. Sabelt seats package, Track package and red seat belts are the only options.

Exactly as my car is optioned - enjoy it!

On edit - you got a great deal!

PackManDan
08-31-2015, 10:21 PM
When you guys decide to buy a used Viper where are you going to be looking? Would you feel more comfortable purchasing from a dealer or from private party? If you go the private party route would you pay to have a mechanic inspect it thoroughly before buying or would you trust your instincts? Would you ever buy over Ebay without seeing the car in person first?

AZTVR
08-31-2015, 10:59 PM
Would you ever buy over Ebay without seeing the car in person first? I can't imagine buying a car sight unseen unless one had very good knowledge of the seller. Even then, people's idea of what is "good", "acceptable", "perfect" are different even if they are truthful about condition. That is totally subjective.

PackManDan
08-31-2015, 11:07 PM
I can't imagine buying a car sight unseen unless one had very good knowledge of the seller. Even then, people's idea of what is "good", "acceptable", "perfect" are different even if they are truthful about condition. That is totally subjective.

That is kind of how I feel too. If anything, I would find a car on Ebay and talk to the seller, get more photos and if I was still serious I would probably fly or drive out to actually see the car before buying.

AZTVR
08-31-2015, 11:16 PM
That is kind of how I feel too. If anything, I would find a car on Ebay and talk to the seller, get more photos and if I was still serious I would probably fly or drive out to actually see the car before buying.

This is exactly how I bought my car, 2000 miles away from me. I did not commit to a buy through eBay; but, contacted the seller at first through eBay and got a lot of information in writing (email) and photos and talked to them on phone. That led me to be confident enough to fly out, verify the specifics and do the purchase in person where money and title and keys and car were exchanged.

serpent
08-31-2015, 11:20 PM
When you guys decide to buy a used Viper where are you going to be looking? Would you feel more comfortable purchasing from a dealer or from private party? If you go the private party route would you pay to have a mechanic inspect it thoroughly before buying or would you trust your instincts? Would you ever buy over Ebay without seeing the car in person first?
For the price of a viper, a plane ticket to look it over would be worth it (only if you're set on buying it, IF its everything you wanted).

I bought an 06 GTO back in 2007 sight unseen, off ebay on the other side of the country. But that was only 26k.

Vipes
08-31-2015, 11:59 PM

I bought mine sight unseen from a no reserve ebay auction. The seller didn't require a deposit which I thought was unusual, so I didn't have much to lose if it wasn't what was described. It turned out to be mint. I didn't have a mechanic inspect the car and just looked it over myself. I would do the same again with a gen V and would worry even less since they all have warranty.

USCDOC
09-01-2015, 12:41 AM
After searching exotics for about a year, I ultimately chose Viper and used a dealer to help determine what I wanted if that makes any sense. They knew the exact Hx on the Vipers they sold, so the nonsense was minimized. Worth the extra few grand IMHO. I used Woodhouse and got exactly what I wanted and purchased it sight unseen.

Mark1107
09-01-2015, 01:22 AM
Cheapest SRT on eBay is 74k 13. Cheapest GTS on eBay is a 13 for 77k but with almost 9k miles that's a lot of wear and tear...

Mark1107
09-01-2015, 01:24 AM
I sold my 14 base SRT for 70k. I paid 79 for it. I just bought a never titled 14 GTS Stryker green for 92k. My dream car.

Vprbite
09-01-2015, 02:19 AM
I would buy sight unseen from certain people on here. Or from people on here who can say call Eddie Martin, Mark Jorgensen, etc because they have maintained the car. Of those guys vouch for it, then no worries. Also, there are certain dealers around here known for only dealing in absolutely perfect cars. Of course, they are a few grand more than private sale or from some dealer that was just an empty lot last week. But factor in paying for an inspection from a QUALIFIED viper tech, flying out there, night or two in a hotel depending on the drive back or cost of shipping and that extra 3 grand from a dealer gets spoken for pretty fast.

So, I have purchased two vipers without personally seeing them. One froma very reputable dealer (Marv Rose) and one from a private seller who had TONS of photos, maintenence records, and gladly took the car over to Tomball tk be looked at for me. So I have gone both ways. Also, private sale from Jo Schmo will be cheaper than provate sale from someone on here who treats their car better than the crown jewels in England get cared for. But what's peace of mind worth? Another good thing about private sales here is you know the car exists and it's not a scam sale.

Bruce H.
09-01-2015, 02:47 AM
If you plan to put miles on the car yourself I wouldn't necessarily let miles on a prospective purchase put you off. I'd be a lot more concerned about unreported accident damage and the condition of the body which won't appear on a Carfax. Maintenance records are key, as is some common sense and a once over by a trusted Viper Tech. These cars aren't mechanically fragile at all, and abuse should be easy to see.

7TH_SIGN
09-01-2015, 05:30 AM
Would you ever buy over Ebay without seeing the car in person first?

From my experience, I would have to advice on not buy sight unseen. I made the mistake in placing my trust with the sales rep on a car I thought was in new condition as advertised. At the end of the day, most people will tell you what you want to hear to make a sale. If you are going to buy sight unseen, make sure its from a well known trustworthy dealership. For example a forum sponsor.

In regards to pricing, I purchased my 2015 SRT with black Sidewinder II wheels for $80,000 plus tax titling, this past July.

Dman
09-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Sight unseen thoughts.

I bought one viper sight unseen, had a couple viper club guys in the area look it over, which was super nice of them. But it didn't work. When the car arrived, despite a perfect feedback report on the local visit, it had mis-matched tires, a leaking shock, trans mount needed replacing, oil cooler lines leaking/seeping, etc. So I immediately had to invest time & money in the car after buying it based on a 'perfect' report. I know if I review a viper for sale, I'd catch all those things, but not everyone is capable or whatever, regardless of the nice intent. So, my answer would be no, I would either need to review the car in person or have someone I trust review it or buy from a truly trusted dealer, not some random dealer.

My gen5 I bought new but from an unknown dealer, I bought it sight unseen but Tom Sessions took deliver for me and went thru every nut & bolt, if you have a legend of a viper guru who can look at the car then yes, I'd trust Tom far more than me. Or if I bought from Viper Exchange, Woodhouse, Roanoke, I wouldn't hesitate to buy unseen. But that's it.

SADVIPER
09-01-2015, 09:11 AM
I hate the price drop!

Vipes
09-01-2015, 09:43 AM
In regards to pricing, I purchased my 2015 SRT with black Sidewinder II wheels for $80,000 plus tax titling, this past July.

You got a great deal! I would take that any day over a 2013 for 70k.

Ninjakris
09-01-2015, 11:06 AM
If you can be patient, winter is best for buying vipers. All three of mine have been purchased in winter. It helps that I live in an area where I can drive year round, but there is some good money to save. I got my new 14' in December last year for 78K. I don't know if those deals can be had anymore, but finding a nice car in the 70's is very realistic. Find the car you like and enjoy it. Don't settle. These cars cost too much to get something that isn't exactly what you want.

Ninjazx71
09-01-2015, 11:43 AM
I bought my Gen4 sight unseen and was very happy with it. This was from another forum member though, had a ton of pictures, and was able to basically find the entire history of the car between a few different sites. I would rather buy it sight unseen from someone on the forum that is known vs. doing the same from a dealer, but that's just me. Ebay ads always have me worried, unless it's a local dealership that I can then go and check it out. Not sure I would do a direct purchase from a private owner, for a car like this, over Ebay.

CJS
09-03-2015, 06:32 PM
There are deals out there. I looked online for weeks all over the country and ended up finding a new 2013 loaded GTS with delivery miles for $85k. Original sticker $142.

Chipster
09-03-2015, 06:38 PM
What about OTD pricing on GTC 1 of 1 and ACRs? Or are those pretty much MSRP?

Darth Menace
09-03-2015, 11:48 PM
I can't speak for Gen5 prices, but I can speak about sight unseen. I have purchased two cars sight unseen over ebay. First was my 98 Viper GTS, and it arrived in great shape as expected...no issues at all. Second car was my 69 GTO convertible, and it came in horrendous shape compared to what was stated. Fortunately the Viper was in great shape as the parts cost lots, and the GTO has super cheap parts I can pick up at a local Napa. Long story short if I ever buy online again, I will fly/drive there and see it before money is exchanged. I got away lucky with the Viper so I will not be making that mistake again. Ebay is all good, but like some have said go look at it because it possibly saves you in the long run

Dman
09-04-2015, 08:50 AM
What about OTD pricing on GTC 1 of 1 and ACRs? Or are those pretty much MSRP?

I was quoted invoice for a 1of1 order when I just walked into my local dealer, sales manager said "just a hair under invoice", he built me 3 configs to play with and showed me the invoice on the screen and minus a few hundred, wouldn't go any lower due to previous losses on gen5 sales for them. IMO, that's probably the norm price, getting into the hold back would be an awesome deal on any ordered car to me.

Chipster
09-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Sorry, so what is invoice pricing on a GTC? $10k off MSRP? ACR is similar? If someone would rather PM me, that works. If I get rid of my Diablo, the Gen Vs are just about the only thing that interests me that's in the price range lol

Edit: I think I see its closer to 5k off.

Dman
09-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Sorry, so what is invoice pricing on a GTC? $10k off MSRP? ACR is similar? If someone would rather PM me, that works. If I get rid of my Diablo, the Gen Vs are just about the only thing that interests me that's in the price range lol

Edit: I think I see its closer to 5k off.

Depends on the build, you can think of it as starting around $5-6k and going as high as around $9k depending on what you put on the car.

Chipster
09-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Thanks!

Aspirations57
09-04-2015, 03:33 PM
There are deals out there. I looked online for weeks all over the country and ended up finding a new 2013 loaded GTS with delivery miles for $85k. Original sticker $142.

Great Deal similar to mine: 2014 Full loaded GTS 156,XXX Original MSRP for 105K