PDA

View Full Version : Techauthority Disc issues

wing
12-10-2013, 01:54 PM
2008 Service Information Disc, ZB-Viper, Publication No. 81-270-08030CD will not open on windows 8. Will open on windows 7 only to the main menu. Have followed directions and downloaded viewer. Used to work. Any suggestions?

SSGNRDZ_28
12-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Can you run a Virtual PC / Windows XP on Windows 8? That's what I currently use in Windows 7 to open the manual.

Back In Black
12-10-2013, 03:16 PM
I have the '09 disk and it will only work on Windows XP or me. I called Techauthority for help and they told me they could not offer me any tech support since I was not the original purchaser of the CD. HUH??? Seriously?? I bought my '09 Viper brand new and you can't even tell me what software will read this disk on a Windows 7 machine??? Sorry, we can only give support to the original purchaser of the CD.

Thankfully I still have an old laptop with XP on it or I'd be SOL. I'll have to try the virtual PC thing.

Synfull
12-13-2013, 08:21 PM
That sucks. I was thinking about buiyng this but now I am having second thoughts.

Westxsrt10
12-14-2013, 02:41 PM
I have the '09 disk and it will only work on Windows XP or me. I called Techauthority for help and they told me they could not offer me any tech support since I was not the original purchaser of the CD. HUH??? Seriously?? I bought my '09 Viper brand new and you can't even tell me what software will read this disk on a Windows 7 machine??? Sorry, we can only give support to the original purchaser of the CD.

Thankfully I still have an old laptop with XP on it or I'd be SOL. I'll have to try the virtual PC thing.

"XPS Viewer" should allow your disk to work. I had to download this viewer for the CD to work on Windows 7.

cash84
12-14-2013, 05:42 PM
What kind of data disc is it? ISO? file disc? If it just a file to click on, what type of file is it? I have no idea how these disc were burned on. I probably can help you all out to run the disc on all windows.

Back In Black
12-16-2013, 01:39 PM
"XPS Viewer" should allow your disk to work. I had to download this viewer for the CD to work on Windows 7.

I will try that for sure!

Back In Black
02-15-2015, 07:03 AM
Dragging this back. XPS Viewer will not read this CD. Anyone have a solution that really works besides virtual pc?

8.4L 154
02-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Internet explorer with the adobe SVG viewer plugin (on cd and installed from the HTML start page) should do it. Well that's what i use on Win 7, cant get it to work with chrome or Firefox though, although haven't really tried hard as it works fine with IE and i have that installed anyway, just have to remember to switch back to IE when i want to look at the SM and that usually happens 20 seconds after clicking on the bookmark in firefox!