PDA

View Full Version : New Edmunds review.

Darius
08-30-2015, 02:50 AM
Found this going through youtube on my daily ACR search. They give it a lot of props.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xWj3HfDKNo

VENOM V
08-30-2015, 09:16 AM
They may have given it a few props, but these guys clearly don't get the car. Carlos is a whiny little girl, the Viper is for men. It's like listening to a woman describe her man's Viper. She'd rather take the Camry, it's more comfy for her delicate derrière
:lol2:

swexlin
08-30-2015, 09:23 AM
They begrudgingly likeed it, but I think both of them would have been happier in a Corvette. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...).

gpearl
08-30-2015, 09:30 AM
These guys make Consumer Reports look like gearheads.

Zybane
08-30-2015, 09:37 AM
I found them to be overall fairly positive about the car. Obviously the guy with the glasses loves hyperbole. "Knees touching chin when getting in" is just silly, and "worst sounding engine ever" is just some retarded attempt at making something completely subjective appear as a fact.

The missing bolt in the door is pretty embarrassing though. That would have also drove me crazy.

So basically they came to a conclusion that:

It's got one of the best transmissions ever.
It's got one of the best engines ever.
It's got a great interior.
It's one of the best looking cars ever.

Looked pretty good to me.

ViperSmith
08-30-2015, 10:10 AM
ugh hipsters

swexlin
08-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Agree about the bolt. As I have mentioned in a few posts here, my passenger door panel is loose, so I have a similar issue. It was a simple fix. Carlos Lago didn't really like the car in a prior review he did for MT. I just don't get the uncomfortable thing. Carlos appears to be in decent shape, as am I, and I thing the seats and armrest are fine. I've put in a 300 mile day in my car, and no comfort issues at all.

lochnessmonster
08-30-2015, 10:29 AM
I've driven two 1050 mile days with mine (Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan<--->Lions Bay, B.C.) Eeezy peezy. The car rocks. Period. :smileys-car-driving

Edit - "Obnoxious"? I'm not sure why they think it's obnoxious. I think of obnoxious as those riced out Hondas etc. with their ridiculous exhaust systems (like my S2000 :) ). Or, obnoxious is when my neighbour fires up his shitty old pick-up truck at 6:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning and wakes everyone up within a two block radius. That's obnoxious.

ACRucrazy
08-30-2015, 10:37 AM
You could watch Carlos geek out about the Z06 for over an hr from November 2014... Talk about fail... :smilielol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhsecPQ_g1E

lochnessmonster
08-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Carlos is likeable. He has a nice delivery. But any guy who buys micro fibre towels for padding, and attaches them to the interior of the Viper with green painter's tape because his elbows hurt is a mangina.

swexlin
08-30-2015, 11:20 AM
Carlos is likeable. He has a nice delivery. But any guy who buys micro fibre towels for padding, and attaches them to the interior of the Viper with green painter's tape because his elbows hurt is a mangina.

This is the quote of the day! Excellent!

Darius
08-30-2015, 11:28 AM

Seriously.

LmeaViper
08-30-2015, 11:58 AM
Some fair criticism in the video. Overall it was a decent video / report on the car.

theviper
08-30-2015, 12:02 PM
I find both of them annoying. They are such "valley girls". Can someone please count how many times they say "like"?

They are also copycats. Seriously, they used a GTSR Blue Viper (like us) and had almost verbatim script lines that we used in episode 1 of our Viper Video Series (and their production was amateurish).

But, they didn't rip on the Viper (overall) which is nice.

Zybane
08-30-2015, 02:14 PM
I think psychologically some people are predisposition-ed to not like the Viper. Not liking it is; "cool". Like a plaid wearing hipster-doofus with glasses calling the Viper engine "the worst sounding engine ever". What kind of car-loving man with a set of balls would ever say something so stupid?

orlanderlv
08-30-2015, 08:55 PM
Something about the guy on the left makes me just want to punch him in the face, no matter what he is saying. Also, I find resting my elbow on my girlfriend's back to be more comfortable than taping microfiber towels to the center console.

Rapidrezults
08-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Something about the guy on the left makes me just want to punch him in the face, no matter what he is saying. Also, I find resting my elbow on my girlfriend's back to be more comfortable than taping microfiber towels to the center console.

Hahaha, good one!

Bruce H.
08-31-2015, 07:23 AM
It's a stillborn exercise to put two mainstream auto journalist types into an exotic and expect them to be able to appreciate the car like its intended buyer would. The results are predictable with them probably appearing to give a useful review to buyers of mainstream autos, and to exotic and track day car buyers like two bumbling newbs fumbling to understand its highly focused design goals.

mikesax
08-31-2015, 02:09 PM
PUSSIES!!! Welcome to the BULK of the 21st century driving public!!

Snakebit10
09-02-2015, 12:22 PM
I did not recognize one ounce of carguyness in this entire video. Why does Lago have such a following?