PDA

View Full Version : VOA vs VCA Facebook Status

Jack's GTS
12-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Interesting. Check out the members and new member totals on both pages.

MoparBoyy
12-10-2013, 12:04 PM
we just hit 592.. I removed myself from the VCA Facebook Group.

jwolf
12-10-2013, 12:20 PM
There are 2 VOA pages on Facebook an open one and a closed one.

PatrickB
12-10-2013, 12:43 PM
I gotta be honest, I wasn't even aware either club had a Facebook page. Our local club has one that we maintain, but I've never seen links to an official one for VCA or VOA. Maybe I've just overlooked the links somewhere..

swolff
12-10-2013, 01:11 PM
I joined VOAs FB today

City
12-10-2013, 01:14 PM
The facebook page to which you are referring is that of a member, not the VOA. The VOA has no official Facebook page. At least not yet.

rw99
12-10-2013, 01:39 PM
The facebook page to which you are referring is that of a member, not the VOA. The VOA has no official Facebook page. At least not yet.

It'd be a good idea to sync up the current FB page with the official VOA, sooner rather than later. It'll be confusing, otherwise, and we should be careful about how the club is presented on such a highly-visible site...

XSnake
12-10-2013, 01:40 PM

Maurice and Janni are admins of the "non" official page. It was done with their blessing.

- - - Updated - - -

It'd be a good idea to sync up the current FB page with the official VOA, sooner rather than later. It'll be confusing, otherwise, and we should be careful about how the club is presented on such a highly-visible site...

exactly, there would be no point in starting from scratch again.

Stretch
12-10-2013, 01:55 PM
I think the closed VOA group on there was started to save the official VOA name on there while the club was getting started and could then be turned over to the club.

MoparBoyy
12-10-2013, 02:02 PM
The current VOA isn't a page, its a group. its open for anyone to join.

City
12-10-2013, 02:22 PM
The current VOA isn't a page, its a group. its open for anyone to join.
My mistake and apology. My only concern is that there are numerous references on VCA and VA (and here) to your FB group as being the "face" of the VOA. Recently there was misinformation about censorship within your group which was completely ridiculous, nonetheless, it quickly became "food for fodder". I'm usually overly concerned about such things, but I'd feel better if there was more obvious disclosure as to the group. It's hard enough keeping things clear and true over here.

Or .... maybe I should just have a beer and chill? LOL

MoparBoyy
12-10-2013, 02:33 PM
My mistake and apology. My only concern is that there are numerous references on VCA and VA (and here) to your FB group as being the "face" of the VOA. Recently there was misinformation about censorship within your group which was completely ridiculous, nonetheless, it quickly became "food for fodder". I'm usually overly concerned about such things, but I'd feel better if there was more obvious disclosure as to the group. It's hard enough keeping things clear and true over here.

yeah there was no censorship, that guy flew off the handle for no reason, he actually apologized in that thread stating that it was a technical issue and nothing that anyone had done. There has been zero censorship on the FB group, since its just a group, not a page we just let it fly.. unless its spammers.

XSnake
12-10-2013, 04:32 PM

That was taken care of pretty quickly over on the Alley

SmoknTires
12-10-2013, 06:44 PM
And Janni is our enforcer and my hero. :.)

Policy Limits
12-10-2013, 07:45 PM
The FB page is pretty cool. Nice pics posted of all gen cars.