PDA

View Full Version : I'm seriously thinking I should sell my '14 GTS and get the ACR

catwood
08-27-2015, 07:15 PM
I can get a smokin deal on an order and wait. I would need to sell mine first. I have about 1600 miles. Won't get squat for it I suspect but damn I want an ACR. With a Wing!

Redsled
08-27-2015, 07:37 PM
I think you know what your answer should be. To be fast at WSIR you need aero; plain and simple :)

ViperSmith
08-27-2015, 07:37 PM
it's only money

catwood
08-27-2015, 07:39 PM
Sled----I know you need a nice street car to drive to school

Aspirations57
08-27-2015, 07:42 PM
Depends what you bought it for as your car was originally 143,xxx, I bought my orig MSRP car 156,XXX at 105K plus reg. fees at 112K, if i sold it wouldnt be below 108K as I was thinking the same as you.. Its a mute point if you have the cash to burn I guess, so go for it.
You could also go and slap the advanced aero package on it and the heads/cam and have a mean GTS..

catwood
08-27-2015, 07:53 PM
I'm pretty realistic. I haven't checked prices on used lately but I would bet it is soft. I'd move quick to get an ACR.

Lawrenzo
08-27-2015, 07:55 PM
I had offers in the $70k range for my 2013 Blue and silver GTS with an original MSRP of $141k and less than 2,000 miles. You'll likely take a bath on selling your car. Asp57 has a good idea on adding the T/A aero bits and HP add-ons to make it a great track car.

catwood
08-27-2015, 11:10 PM
I had offers in the $70k range for my 2013 Blue and silver GTS with an original MSRP of $141k and less than 2,000 miles. You'll likely take a bath on selling your car. Asp57 has a good idea on adding the T/A aero bits and HP add-ons to make it a great track car.

That may be plan B however, I'd only go so far as add the Tune from A&C and the aero bits. I'm done with all the engine mods at this point. I'm not even considering headers at this point. But it still wouldn't touch the ACR in lap times.

ACRucrazy
08-28-2015, 07:51 AM
I think everyone should sell their Gen Vs and get an ACR. The more the better :D

Dman
08-28-2015, 08:01 AM
Wondering what a smoking deal is, as I'm in the same quandary.

Went to my local dealer yesterday afternoon, sales manager ran thru 4 builds for me, base ACR and 1of1 ACR and a couple variants, invoice minus "a few hundred" was the non-negotiable cut to the chase deal if I ordered and put down a non-refundable deposit - he said they've lost over $50K in total on viper sales since '13 so only order with a non-refundable to cover the discount amount, they've split the hold back on other deals for me but due to prior loses he wouldn't go that deep (they had 3 gen5s sit for over 500 days, last one almost went to auction as new), which I actually thought was very fair and the discount seemed super strong for an ordered "specialty" viper model. It's the only price discussion I've had so far, just started my research so I'd know my "all in" on the options I'm thinking about.

I'm back to where I was with my gen4, whether to invest a bit more $ in my current gen5, or move to a lightly used TA2.0, or do a base ACR or 1of1 w/ACR pkg. I'd just keep my car, which I love to death, but can't help wanting to snag a 'track' model, 2.0 or base ACR I know I'd hang onto a long time and do every event I could get to.

Such problem decisions.

Ninjazx71
08-28-2015, 09:34 AM
I was looking at 13/14 prices and half contemplating trading up. Love the gunmetal color and came across this one... pretty much apples-to-apples for your car... you'll definitely take a bath on trading it in, but just depends on how badly you want to get into the ACR.

http://www.vanhorndodge.com/vehicle-details/2014-dodge-srt-viper-gts-coupe-plymouth-wi-id-10213707

1Koolasp 16ACR
08-28-2015, 09:45 AM
Your Gonna Take a Bath now Or Later , I Took My Bath Now , And Did Not Give a Shit, Now Or Later Whats The Diff, You ,Me, We Could Be Dead Later, Do It Now , While Your Here !!! Thats My Take !!

v10enomous
08-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Your Gonna Take a Bath now Or Later , I Took My Bath Now , And Did Not Give a Shit, Now Or Later Whats The Diff, You ,Me, We Could Be Dead Later, Do It Now , While Your Here !!! Thats My Take !!

Can't wait to see your car...
2016 ACR Stryker Purple With GTS Billet Stripes,

... I'd guess at least 80% of the people with GenV's have thought about trading up to a GenV ACR including me.

My thoughts...

I could probably buy a whole Gen4 ACR for the price difference between my GenV and the GenV ACR I'd like OTD.

Maybe I should just take the hit on my car and buy the GenV ACR because the ACRs seem to hold their value better anyway.

I've only had my car a year and while the ACR is amazing, my car is probably better suited for how I use it plus faster in a straight line.

Screw it... just do it. Go big or go home.:)

Dusty1
08-28-2015, 10:29 AM
In my opinion you are missing the boat not looking into the VE active suspension option, unless you are really pushing the aero on high speed tracks this new suspension really brings it. Ben Keating has said if he could only do one mod this would be it. Since you have a GTS you have the street/track switch ability. The tune ability nature of this suspension could really allow you to explore new limits in the car you are already invested in.

Richard

ViperSmith
08-28-2015, 10:34 AM
It is a shame the Gen V's aren't holding value well. I think Dodge would be selling a lot more new cars if people wouldn't lose their ass in trade in.

RedTanRT/10
08-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Carl, how much is it worth to you to swap?? Met this guy at a SoCal event 2 weeks ago, nice 1,500 mile car he wanted to sell quick to get a green '15/'16. Priced real aggressive and probably could have got maybe $5k more. September is here in a few days, half the country will be putting their vipers away for winter in 90 days. I've got to think a solid color extreme ACR is going to cost you $40K plus your car (plus sales tax), even at invoice minus holdback. In a year that ACR aero will be available as a part. Good luck and best wishes, see you and Jonathan at Willow in October. Mike

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/10137-70-000-2014-SRT-Viper-Gun-Metal-Pearl!

Boba Fett
08-28-2015, 07:08 PM

now this is saying it like it is :dancingman:

catwood
08-28-2015, 07:28 PM
I was looking at 13/14 prices and half contemplating trading up. Love the gunmetal color and came across this one... pretty much apples-to-apples for your car... you'll definitely take a bath on trading it in, but just depends on how badly you want to get into the ACR.

http://www.vanhorndodge.com/vehicle-details/2014-dodge-srt-viper-gts-coupe-plymouth-wi-id-10213707

Won't take it in trade and I work with him. Says he can't afford to get stuck with it and the price would be insulting as to what he'd have to do.

catwood
08-28-2015, 07:30 PM
Carl, how much is it worth to you to swap?? Met this guy at a SoCal event 2 weeks ago, nice 1,500 mile car he wanted to sell quick to get a green '15/'16. Priced real aggressive and probably could have got maybe $5k more. September is here in a few days, half the country will be putting their vipers away for winter in 90 days. I've got to think a solid color extreme ACR is going to cost you $40K plus your car (plus sales tax), even at invoice minus holdback. In a year that ACR aero will be available as a part. Good luck and best wishes, see you and Jonathan at Willow in October. Mike

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/10137-70-000-2014-SRT-Viper-Gun-Metal-Pearl!

Looking alot less worth it running some numbers today.

Mark1107
08-28-2015, 08:55 PM
Sold my gun metal Pearl SRT base in two hours of posting ad...awesome car at awesome price.

Just got my Stryker Green GTS yesterday! 143k Dodge Special Vehicle Show car at a 50k discount!

12873 12874

Mark1107
08-28-2015, 08:58 PM

i took my bath now! I feel so much cleaner! I love love my GTS. I added the carbon fiber rear spoiler and maybe the ACR wing later idk? I love the look now!

Rapidrezults
08-28-2015, 09:02 PM
Sold my gun metal Pearl SRT base in two hours of posting ad...awesome car at awesome price.

Just got my Stryker Green GTS yesterday! 143k Dodge Special Vehicle Show car at a 50k discount!

12873 12874

Stunning! Nice choice.

Mark1107
08-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Stunning! Nice choice.

Thank you!

Peter99GTS
08-28-2015, 09:54 PM
Had the same problem I was waiting on a ACR but after a lot of research I decided to go with a 2014 fully loaded GTS. I got the car for 93K, I just couldn't pass on the deal and I get to keep my 99 GTS. Arrow built car 510 stroker and striker heads, I just couldn't get myself to sell it.

KB Viper
08-29-2015, 08:33 AM
I battle the same thoughts daily..... I've also thought about adding acr bits to my car but it will never be an acr and in the end I would hate to spend all that money adding acr parts to my gts then getting the acr anyway....

catwood
08-29-2015, 09:30 AM
I battle the same thoughts daily..... I've also thought about adding acr bits to my car but it will never be an acr and in the end I would hate to spend all that money adding acr parts to my gts then getting the acr anyway....

Yes, it would never be an ACR. sadly.

Simms
08-29-2015, 09:35 AM
I'm torn with the same question. After tracking my car yesterday, it's made it even harder. I was SO happy with the way my car performed yesterday that I'm thinking of just buying the VE suspension and holding off on the ACR for now. I wish I could have both.

Back to thinking of getting rid of my 96TT for ACRX.

catwood
08-29-2015, 11:09 AM
I got a good nights sleep and have come to my senses.

Aspirations57
08-29-2015, 11:48 AM
I got a good nights sleep and have come to my senses.

And????? LOL....

Originally Posted by KB Viper View Post

KB I would think that you first would decide what the car would be used for 85-90% of the time as there is a wealth of information on this forum from the track rats and street rats on here.. If you want a killer track weapon then yes the ACR is the man BUT a GTS with aero, heads/cam and the VE suspension would really be the best of both worlds to a person who wants a killer street car but wants to bring it to the track occasionally IMO. The DRIVER mod is a big factor too.

I guess in both cases money is the deciding factor as usual,lol.....The other factor is how long you intend to keep that vehicle.
Catwood I love the way people want to spend your money telling you to take the bath now,lol Will the money lost on your car and the move up to the ACR be worth it? I guess only you can decide that.

RedTanRT/10
08-29-2015, 12:24 PM

12873 12874

Hey Mark, looks great, congrats!! Nice to meet you and your wife at Duke's

Post a picture with both your new viper and your new green Hellcat!

Yes, it would never be an ACR. sadly.

Resale, no, performance yes. Drivetrain is identical, aero is the real difference

Mark1107
08-29-2015, 02:51 PM
Here they are together at last. It was nice meeting you at Dukes too. 1289312894

catwood
08-29-2015, 05:01 PM
And????? LOL....

Catwood I love the way people want to spend your money telling you to take the bath now,lol Will the money lost on your car and the move up to the ACR be worth it? I guess only you can decide that.

unless I can get some other peoples money, I'm sticking with what I have I just can't justify the added costs even though the ACR was made for me......

ViperJon
08-30-2015, 04:47 AM
A lot of guys buying the ACR's also have vouchers since they got hosed on their original purchases.
That would burn a hole in my pocket too.