PDA

View Full Version : Tail of the Dragon 2014

Pages : [1] 2

Joel
12-10-2013, 08:10 AM
For those trapped by winter and looking for some good news: Tail of the Dragon Event dates May 30 - June 1. This year we hope for 70+ Vipers. Don't be left out of the best roads in the southeast. Great roads, great folks, and great cars. What could be better?

Stretch
12-10-2013, 08:30 AM
Nothing could be better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love love love love love this road trip. Last year I did 1700 miles in 4 days and was not the one who drove the farthest. Totally worth it.

Side note, gotta see if the new Margaritaville hotel in Pigeon Forge is going to be open by that time. I've gotta stop by there for a beverage.

Brian GTS
12-10-2013, 08:31 AM
You can count on some Carolina members attending again! :) Can't wait!

Stretch
12-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Now if only Kevan would post the gopro footage from last year.....................................

:D

PatrickB
12-10-2013, 08:44 AM
I was going to ask if us Carolina folks were invited as well.. :D

uvbnbit
12-10-2013, 10:01 AM
All are invited! stay tuned for more details as they develop. Thanks Joel!

No hemi
12-10-2013, 10:13 AM
woo hoo !!!!! I was waiting for you guys to poost up the dates!!!!

99RT10
12-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Nothing could be better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love love love love love this road trip. Last year I did 1700 miles in 4 days and was not the one who drove the farthest. Totally worth it.

Side note, gotta see if the new Margaritaville hotel in Pigeon Forge is going to be open by that time. I've gotta stop by there for a beverage.

First drink is on me. Looking forward to the trip.

PatrickB
12-10-2013, 12:44 PM
All are invited! stay tuned for more details as they develop. Thanks Joel!

Awesome!

Loud
12-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Ugh! This will be the same routine again. Chicago - DC - Blue Ridge Parkway - Smokies - TOTD [multiple] - Cherahola [multiple] - Chicago.

No hemi
12-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Ugh! This will be the same routine again. Chicago - DC - Blue Ridge Parkway - Smokies - TOTD [multiple] - Cherahola [multiple] - Chicago.

Yeah I don't know how can you do it over and over again..:drive: hahaha

Hope to see you there again!!!

Joel
12-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Wouldn't be a party without you - well most of you anyway. C'mon with your bad selves.

I was going to ask if us Carolina folks were invited as well.. :D

HLANDIS
12-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks for posting!! Counting down!! Will be there early again waiting on yall😜😜!

Red Snake
12-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Just moved to NashVegas. Would love to check this event out.;)

uvbnbit
12-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Just moved to NashVegas. Would love to check this event out.;)

You'll love it! We'll have a few that will ride over together to K'ville the eve before. But there's always some that go in a few days before too.

gutterworks129
01-08-2014, 11:04 AM
It was a great trip last year, can't wait until this year. Everyone is invited!

VYPR BYT
01-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Last year the weather was perfect.
Joel, you gotta do a repeat with weather this year... no pressure! :D

NSviper
01-08-2014, 01:21 PM
It will be our first time and really looking forward to it. Vacation is already booked :car-smiley-003:. We have a 3 day drive down so we're going to stay a little longer and take in some of the other sites and attractions. I'm sure we will have to have a day of shopping :p Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Oh, and where do you guys stay for the weekend...?

MI Viper
01-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Sounds cool, is there any details on the trip, route where everyone stays....
Thanks,,
MI V.

Stretch
01-08-2014, 04:37 PM
The last couple years the host hotel was right next to the acquarium, and I think it was called Greystone Lodge. The AL/TN guys will announce the host hotel on the forums here once they get the room block all set up.

uvbnbit
01-09-2014, 06:16 AM
It will be our first time and really looking forward to it. Vacation is already booked :car-smiley-003:. We have a 3 day drive down so we're going to stay a little longer and take in some of the other sites and attractions. I'm sure we will have to have a day of shopping :p Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Oh, and where do you guys stay for the weekend...?

Like Stretch mentioned, the host hotel will be posted in plenty of time.

Suggestions? leave some space in trailer for the "day of shopping" :D

Joel
01-09-2014, 02:21 PM
As of right now, we will indeed be at the Greystone Lodge (at the Aquarium) again. We are already planning the event and hope to return to the Crystelle Creek Grill and the Cherokee Grill on Friday and Saturday nights respectively. This year we hope to have 75 Vipers in the parade. I will do my best on the weather but rain or shine be there - May 31-June 2. For those who want to start early, I will ask the hotel to give the same rates for early birds. Boy you folks are restless. Must be WINTER! Could I have a few more days to plan please...? Meanwhile, for those with snow, go sit in your cars and make engine sounds. For those who can get out and drive, do it. LOL

PatrickB
01-09-2014, 02:24 PM
As of right now, we will indeed be at the Greystone Lodge (at the Aquarium) again. We are already planning the event and hope to return to the Crystelle Creek Grill and the Cherokee Grill on Friday and Saturday nights respectively. This year we hope to have 75 Vipers in the parade. Boy you folks are restless. Must be WINTER!

Just point me to the sign up forms when available - so excited about this.. :D

NSviper
01-09-2014, 03:09 PM

Thanks Chip, Janet likes to shop, I'm sure Liza can point her in the right direction :)

Stretch
01-09-2014, 07:03 PM
Sorry Joel it's a long winter and we're excited :D

I'm organizing the convoy from Ohio. We're working on getting a good crowd to come down and join this year.

Joel
01-09-2014, 07:33 PM
No problem sir. Right now they are reinforcing picture taking roofs along the TOD, the parkway, and the skyway. I have Gatlinburg looking for enough pizza boxes to last the 3 day weekend. The authorities said something about these things needing to be done since our last trip through but I didn't get it all... Maybe it had something to do with red and yellow cars?

Sorry Joel it's a long winter and we're excited :D

I'm organizing the convoy from Ohio. We're working on getting a good crowd to come down and join this year.

Stretch
01-09-2014, 07:46 PM
No problem sir. Right now they are reinforcing picture taking roofs along the TOD, the parkway, and the skyway. I have Gatlinburg looking for enough pizza boxes to last the 3 day weekend. The authorities said something about these things needing to be done since our last trip through but I didn't get it all... Maybe it had something to do with red and yellow cars?

Post of the year!!!!

Although I have no idea what you're talking about.

:D

Stretch
01-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Joel, question on the dates because I'm double checking my convoy info...

Event is Friday (5/30) - Sunday (6/1) 2014, yes?

The Ohio convoy is going to happen on Thursday (5/29).

VYPR BYT
01-10-2014, 10:42 AM
...I will do my best on the weather but rain or shine be there - May 31-June 2...

I too am wondering about the 2nd... it's on a Monday.

Joel
01-10-2014, 11:23 AM
OK, OK my bad. Friday, May 30 thru Sunday, June 1. The June 2 is a recovery day. Thursday will be a travel day for most but the hotel is going to honor the discount for those who come in early. Sorry about my mistake Stretch - the only one I've ever made - just ask my wife. LOL

VYPR BYT
01-10-2014, 11:36 AM
... Sorry about my mistake Stretch - the only one I've ever made - just ask my wife. LOL

I just did... she said you were wrong about that too! :smilielol:

Stretch
01-10-2014, 11:52 AM
I just did... she said you were wrong about that too! :smilielol:

Oh snap!

Mike asked me so I passed the question along. No problem at all.

99RT10
01-10-2014, 12:55 PM
OK, OK my bad. Friday, May 30 thru Sunday, June 1. The June 2 is a recovery day. Thursday will be a travel day for most but the hotel is going to honor the discount for those who come in early. Sorry about my mistake Stretch - the only one I've ever made - just ask my wife. LOL

I plan on getting there just after lunch on Thursday. Be driving the mountain within minutes after the car gets off the trailer.............:car-smiley-003:

C.J
01-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Gotta think about going on this trip...didn't do it last year as I was out of the country.

HLANDIS
01-10-2014, 04:02 PM
I will be getting there early again this year(as normal 😜😜). My buddy with dead eye films will be coming also to make a documentary style film of the entire event. We plan on doing some "behind the scenes" type shots, interviews etc. so anyone else there early let us know!! I know this will be difficult but, anyone wanting to show off their car let us know😜😜😜. Looking for some staged shots etc. Also any of you TN guys have contacts with any of those helicopter tour companies in pigeon forge?? Looking to get some Ariel shots of the snakes!! Gonna be a awesome event!! Ill keep an eye on posts. See y'all soon!

No hemi
01-10-2014, 10:45 PM
H landis ,Don't forget your louisiana friends!!!!

V1PERMAN
01-10-2014, 11:08 PM
I will be getting there early again this year(as normal ����). My buddy with dead eye films will be coming also to make a documentary style film of the entire event. We plan on doing some "behind the scenes" type shots, interviews etc. so anyone else there early let us know!! I know this will be difficult but, anyone wanting to show off their car let us know������. Looking for some staged shots etc. Also any of you TN guys have contacts with any of those helicopter tour companies in pigeon forge?? Looking to get some Ariel shots of the snakes!! Gonna be a awesome event!! Ill keep an eye on posts. See y'all soon!

H landis

I'll get you in touch with Matt Chambers. He's from pigeon forge/Gatlinburg and has a underground racing twin turbo 1500hp silver mamba viper. He knows everyone in the area and can help you. I also have a house up there and will plan to be there early. Send me your phone by pm if you want.

Next Phase
01-11-2014, 05:38 AM
On my calendar!

uvbnbit
01-11-2014, 07:22 AM
I will be getting there early again this year(as normal ����). Also any of you TN guys have contacts with any of those helicopter tour companies in pigeon forge?? Looking to get some Ariel shots of the snakes!! Gonna be a awesome event!! Ill keep an eye on posts. See y'all soon!

Good possibility on the 'copter connections

Brian GTS
01-11-2014, 10:23 AM
This an event that cannot be missed. If it is your first time, you'll be planning everything else around it each year thereafter. It is like a mini VOI.....crazy fun!

Stretch
01-12-2014, 08:59 PM
This an event that cannot be missed. If it is your first time, you'll be planning everything else around it each year thereafter. It is like a mini VOI.....crazy fun!

100% truth!

J TNT
01-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Watch out for the moving apex's , other wise known as Harley Davidsons .......lol ! :smilielol:

Joel
01-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Those moving apexes are not nearly as bad as the tractor trailers that sometimes use the road. I have had to make my Goldwing real small to get by a truck on the Tail one day. And with me on it, that is damn near impossible. Plus, I think I damaged my seat during the maneuver... at least it took several minutes to get it out of my - well you know.

Watch out for the moving apex's , other wise known as Harley Davidsons .......lol ! :smilielol:

J TNT
01-13-2014, 05:26 PM
I've had Harleys come head on to me on my Sport Bike, and ended up using the last foot of roadway . Lucky for both of us ,I could decrease my radius . :eek:

HLANDIS
01-14-2014, 05:51 PM
this an event that cannot be missed. If it is your first time, you'll be planning everything else around it each year thereafter. It is like a mini voi.....crazy fun!
so true!!

HLANDIS
01-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Does anyone know if the Greystone Lodge has been remodeled and complete? I assume that's where we will be staying this year also correct?

Joel
01-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Greystone is almost done. Trying to get all new rooms for us. We'll see. But that is where we're going to stay unless they can't accommodate us. So far it is a go.

uvbnbit
01-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Good possibility on the 'copter connections

Hey Mike, you wanna fly a 'copter for the weekend or just stick the roads?

Yeeeha09
01-21-2014, 08:12 PM
It looks like some of us Louisiana guys in the Midsouth VOA are making plans! Keep us posted on the progress.

HLANDIS
01-21-2014, 08:22 PM
H landis ,Don't forget your louisiana friends!!!!
So far there are 3 vipers from louisiana planning on making the trip this year! Gonna be gooood! 😀😀

moparnav
01-22-2014, 08:37 AM
In for my first year! Stretch, keep us posted on the Ohio rollout details

Timnineside
01-22-2014, 11:10 AM
This event sounds awesome! I am WAY up here in Michigan. Any other MI convoys heading down?

-Tim

Stretch
01-22-2014, 11:11 AM
In for my first year! Stretch, keep us posted on the Ohio rollout details

Great, will do! Right now my plan is to have the Ohio group meet in Cincinnati that Thursday May 29th at lunch time. Then we will convoy down to Gatlinburg together. I will post all the specifics on the forums and it will be sent out through the ohio emails once everything is set.

Timnineside
01-22-2014, 11:14 AM
Great, will do! Right now my plan is to have the Ohio group meet in Cincinnati that Thursday May 29th at lunch time. Then we will convoy down to Gatlinburg together. I will post all the specifics on the forums and it will be sent out through the ohio emails once everything is set.

Stretch would you mind if I joined you here? This is about 7 hours from me and would be my halfway point roughly.

Stretch
01-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Stretch would you mind if I joined you here? This is about 7 hours from me and would be my halfway point roughly.

You are more than welcome to join us!

01sapphirebob
01-22-2014, 11:18 AM

Can't wait! Me and the wife are in for this one! It's gonna be a long day of driving as I will have to get down to cinci by lunch time THEN travel the rest of they way to gatlinburg. Oh boy. Looking forward to it though!

01sapphirebob
01-22-2014, 11:19 AM

Tim...we might be able to meet up on the way down. The wife and I are leaving the cleveland area early a.m. so we can make down to cinci by noon with the rest of the group. It's always fun to drive down with another viper!

Stretch
01-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Can't wait! Me and the wife are in for this one! It's gonna be a long day of driving as I will have to get down to cinci by lunch time THEN travel the rest of they way to gatlinburg. Oh boy. Looking forward to it though!

I guarantee you it will be worth it. I set that time figuring you had about the longest drive down to Cincy. Lunch will be a good break and we can take out time getting down to Gatlinburg the rest of the afternoon. I'm going to have a mini-convoy leave Columbus so maybe we can catch up with you and Mike and head down 71 all together.

01sapphirebob
01-22-2014, 11:24 AM
I guarantee you it will be worth it. I set that time figuring you had about the longest drive down to Cincy. Lunch will be a good break and we can take out time getting down to Gatlinburg the rest of the afternoon. I'm going to have a mini-convoy leave Columbus so maybe we can catch up with you and Mike and head down 71 all together.

Sounds good!

Timnineside
01-22-2014, 11:26 AM
Tim...we might be able to meet up on the way down. The wife and I are leaving the cleveland area early a.m. so we can make down to cinci by noon with the rest of the group. It's always fun to drive down with another viper!

Sounds great and my thoughts exactly. I just got off the phone and it looks like we are going to make this one way or another. I will keep in touch Bob. We may just bring my truck/trailer down as we have our son and family in Gatlinburg. They have a home on some lake so we may just stay there for the duration or even come down earlier.

Loud
01-22-2014, 12:51 PM

No Tim, you may not join them. You should start the trip in DC on Wednesday, drive down BRP for two days and arrive Thursday night. Trust me, its the best way to do it :). Jim, Phil and I will be making the same drive again this year.

BadAndy
01-22-2014, 01:38 PM
Stretch, I'm IN for Ohio. Wife won't be retired yet, gonna have to break the news she'll be missing 3 days in the Viper in the hot sun without A/C.

Timnineside
01-22-2014, 07:48 PM
No Tim, you may not join them. You should start the trip in DC on Wednesday, drive down BRP for two days and arrive Thursday night. Trust me, its the best way to do it :). Jim, Phil and I will be making the same drive again this year.

Hahaha, alright I'll make some calls to the White House and tell them I'm coming for a few days so clean up and make some room!

HLANDIS
01-22-2014, 08:43 PM
If anyone knows all of the different convoys and routes taken to the event can they post it?? I think that would be a great PC of info to put into the video! We can sort of document the journey into the event from all the different parts of the country. Thanks!!

Loud
01-23-2014, 10:42 AM
If anyone knows all of the different convoys and routes taken to the event can they post it?? I think that would be a great PC of info to put into the video! We can sort of document the journey into the event from all the different parts of the country. Thanks!!

Mine is simple, Ronny.

Chicago - DC - Blue Ridge Parkway - Gatlinburg - Cherohala Skyway [multiple] - TOTD [multiple] - Chicago

Jeebs
01-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Glad to hear everyone is pumped about going again. I will be there again this year. I just booked the time off. Im hoping to meet up with the Ohio guys and then finish the drive down. Can't wait. It will be another great weekend. And getting there thursday will be so much better then friday night like last year.

Stretch
01-23-2014, 01:26 PM
Stretch, I'm IN for Ohio. Wife won't be retired yet, gonna have to break the news she'll be missing 3 days in the Viper in the hot sun without A/C.

Sounds good!

Glad to hear everyone is pumped about going again. I will be there again this year. I just booked the time off. Im hoping to meet up with the Ohio guys and then finish the drive down. Can't wait. It will be another great weekend. And getting there thursday will be so much better then friday night like last year.

Jeebs once again you are a champ! Glad you can join for both days this year.

HLANDIS, great idea on the convoys. I'm organizing the Ohio convoy, so anyone in Ohio, western PA, Indiana, Kentucky, Ontario, Michigan, etc would be heading the same direction and are more than welcome to join us.

Ohio Convoy:

Meeting location: Cincinnati (exact place TBD, probably north side off 71)
Meeting time: Noon, Thursday May 29th (eat lunch and then depart by 1:30pm)

99RT10
01-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Sounds good!

HLANDIS, great idea on the convoys. I'm organizing the Ohio convoy, so anyone in Ohio, western PA, Indiana, Kentucky, Ontario, Michigan, etc would be heading the same direction and are more than welcome to join us.

Ohio Convoy:

I almost want to drive up to Ohio just to meet up with the convoy and drive back down................. almost............... :D.

We need to start another thread for the Mopar Nats. I will be up there again this year. :D

Stretch
01-23-2014, 02:28 PM
I almost want to drive up to Ohio just to meet up with the convoy and drive back down................. almost............... :D.

We need to start another thread for the Mopar Nats. I will be up there again this year. :D

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you'll be at Mopar Nats again.

I was just making a list of Ohio convoy people to make sure I keep track of everyone. Here's what I have so far.
Stretch
Kevan
VYPR BYT
01sapphirebob
moparnav
Timnineside
BadAndy
Jeebs

Loud
01-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Mike, Jason, you know that is all just highway driving, right :P

A

Stretch
01-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Yes I know. Originally I was going to try your route this year but then the Ohio club asked me to set up this convoy, so I've got some highway driving instead. It's ok though, should be fun to have a big line of Vipers running down the highway to Gatlinburg.

Side note, who wants to join me at Margaritaville that Thursday night??

01sapphirebob
01-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Yes I know. Originally I was going to try your route this year but then the Ohio club asked me to set up this convoy, so I've got some highway driving instead. It's ok though, should be fun to have a big line of Vipers running down the highway to Gatlinburg.

Side note, who wants to join me at Margaritaville that Thursday night??

Never been so I'm game. How far from where we are staying?

Stretch
01-23-2014, 06:42 PM
They're building a hotel / restaurant in Pigeon Forge, which is about 10 minutes from our hotel. I've been watching the website for their opening date.

Jeebs
01-23-2014, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=Stretch;25989]DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

I was just making a list of Ohio convoy people to make sure I keep track of everyone. Here's what I have so far.
Stretch
Kevan
VYPR BYT
01sapphirebob
moparnav
Timnineside
BadAndy
Jeebs

Stretch, that looks like a good convoy you got put together. And hopefully it gets even bigger. And count me in for Margaretville.
Tim where in Michigan do you live? Im going to be driving from Ontario.Cdn. I'm 10 minutes from the ferry to the US border at Marine City. If its close or works out we can meet up and drive down to Ohio. Just putting it out there.

99RT10
01-23-2014, 07:44 PM
They're building a hotel / restaurant in Pigeon Forge, which is about 10 minutes from our hotel. I've been watching the website for their opening date.

New hotel or one getting referb'd? Try to get Iann Simms to bring his TT down. We could have a lot of fun........... :D

Stretch
01-23-2014, 08:19 PM
New hotel or one getting referb'd? Try to get Iann Simms to bring his TT down. We could have a lot of fun........... :D

I haven't had much luck in finding out info on the new hotel. The info online says that it will be at The Island at Pigeon Forge and open valentines day 2014.

No hemi
01-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Im in for margaritaville!!!

SmoknTires
01-24-2014, 11:50 AM
This is a really amazing drive. Did it for the first time in my Viper recently. A must do.

Timnineside
01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=Stretch;25989]DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Stretch
Kevan
VYPR BYT
01sapphirebob
moparnav
Timnineside
BadAndy
Jeebs

Stretch, that looks like a good convoy you got put together. And hopefully it gets even bigger. And count me in for Margaretville.
Tim where in Michigan do you live? Im going to be driving from Ontario.Cdn. I'm 10 minutes from the ferry to the US border at Marine City. If its close or works out we can meet up and drive down to Ohio. Just putting it out there.

Jeebs I am located in Muskegon, MI (On the lake Michigan shoreline line). We have a call in and are thinking about making a family trip out of it. May just head down a few days early or something.

I'll keep posted! Looking forward to this for sure!.

-Tim

HLANDIS
01-25-2014, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Jeebs;26063]

Jeebs I am located in Muskegon, MI (On the lake Michigan shoreline line). We have a call in and are thinking about making a family trip out of it. May just head down a few days early or something.

I'll keep posted! Looking forward to this for sure!.

-Tim
I'll be there Wednesday night so I'm game for Margaritaville if y'all will be meeting there. Anyone else getting there early and wants to maybe meet up for dinner or something just let us know. We should be there probably around 5 PM Wednesday the 28th.

Viper67wife
01-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Are we at Greystone Lodge or the new, unnamed hotel? It's early and you confused me....

Diane

Joel
01-28-2014, 08:31 AM
We are at the Greystone Lodge and that will be the hotel the AL/TN Club will use as a host hotel. The folks there have been very supportive and, unless they can't accommodate us, that's where we will be. Other folks may plan to stay in other hotels but the Greystone has covered, secure parking. It is early yet and they are still working on the hotel but they have lots of refurbished rooms. As it is 13 freakin' degrees outside, I wish it were May too! Right now plans are for the Greystone Lodge, meeting at the Crystelle Creek Grill on Friday, parade ending at the Cherokee Grill on Saturday. We will have a caravan from Knoxville to Gatlinburg on Friday and hope to meet up with other folks at other areas too. Please think warm thoughts. See you all in MAY when it is warm.

No hemi
01-28-2014, 12:19 PM
haha thanks Joel, See you there !!!

P.S. Any shirts yet?

Joel
01-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Working on shirts!

No hemi
01-28-2014, 08:19 PM
Thanks !!

XSTAR
02-01-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm in, and will plan ahead so I'll stick around longer this year.

Viper67wife
02-03-2014, 09:10 AM
Since I'm snowed in again, I booked at Greystone. Did we set up a group for the event? They couldn't find it when I called.

Thanks!
Diane

Joel
02-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Gosh you folks are bored - just as I am. We have talked to the folks at Greystone but they haven't set up a group yet. We'll get it done. We are trying to get a group of rooms together and they are still working on some areas. We wanted to get rooms that are near the covered parking - maybe on the same floor or 2 floors.

boplaw
02-03-2014, 12:00 PM
The 2012 Outlaw Run on The Tail: 2984

While I enjoyed it, there are much better roads that are much less conspicuous. LE loves to hide in the bushes on The Tail...

Joel
02-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Our event is more about the "tale" of what happens over 3 days than the "Tail of the Dragon" road. I would agree there are better roads in the area and we try to get folks out on a number of them. It is a happening not just a drive up a road.

To give you folks something to think about, we are trying to get an idea of how many t shirts to order. Thanks to Warren from the Georgia club, the design will be similar to last year's shirt. We will use a different color or colors and can offer shirts in long or short sleeve. If interested, PM me or send an email - joel.hausler@mtsu.edu - and we'll start a list. Price should be $20-25 depending on the number of shirts. Just think how good you'll look come end of May. Be there or be square! - 3014

The 2012 Outlaw Run on The Tail: 2984

While I enjoyed it, there are much better roads that are much less conspicuous. LE loves to hide in the bushes on The Tail...

victoryman100
02-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Sounds good!

Ohio Convoy:

Hey Stretch, I know a few of us from the indy area are planning to go. Will get with them to try to meet with you in Cincinnati as well if thats ok.

Stretch
02-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Hey Stretch, I know a few of us from the indy area are planning to go. Will get with them to try to meet with you in Cincinnati as well if thats ok.

That would be fantastic, you guys are more than welcome to join us. I already sent Steve the initial info of date & time. As we get closer and get the details nailed down I will make sure you guys get all the info.

A couple years ago I had a convoy of 5 or 6 cars from IN/KY that went on the trip. A Viper convoy cruising down 75 is lots of fun.

BadAndy
02-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I just shoveled snow for 90 minutes. Viper, take me away !

Stretch
02-05-2014, 03:24 PM
That sucks Andy. Every time we get snow I am very thankful that I bought a snow blower at the end of last season. That thing is awesome.

victoryman100
02-06-2014, 02:52 AM

It's 5:00 Somwhere! Count me in for a cold one!

Stretch
02-06-2014, 07:10 AM
It's 5:00 Somwhere! Count me in for a cold one!

I think you'll like my new license plate :D

victoryman100
02-17-2014, 12:20 AM
I think you'll like my new license plate :D

My wife and I will be in key west this Saturday. .. I'll talk to Jimmy B to see if he can join us in may. :)

Stretch
02-17-2014, 10:54 AM
My wife and I will be in key west this Saturday. .. I'll talk to Jimmy B to see if he can join us in may. :)

Awesome!!

PatrickB
02-17-2014, 01:13 PM

If you get Jimmy to come hang in May, I'll consider you my hero for life - I can't tell you how much of a Parrothead I am.. :D

Joel
02-17-2014, 01:19 PM
I agree but the last Parrothead concert in Nashville left me and my wife beer soaked from sitting in front of drunks. I'll buy the songs but I am done in person with the drunks aka parrotheads. They start at 10 am and party till they puke - literally. And this is from someone who saw JB in Chattanooga when Come Monday was just on the charts and he drew a crowd of 100 people at the Holiday Inn. Now he's got more money than .. but the music is still good.

If you get Jimmy to come hang in May, I'll consider you my hero for life - I can't tell you how much of a Parrothead I am.. :D

Stretch
02-17-2014, 04:37 PM

<- Fellow Parrothead :D

PatrickB
02-17-2014, 04:59 PM
<- Fellow Parrothead :D

Your profile location was a dead giveaway! Nice to meet ya!

@Joel - yea, I've had similar experiences at Jimmy's concerts before, but I just can't miss a show when he's close. That being said, I'll probably miss his Charlotte show this year because I think I'm traveling for work the week he's in town. :(

VYPR BYT
02-17-2014, 05:44 PM
ParrotHeads of North Carolina
http://phofnc.com/
5 hrs from the Greystone lodge :)

Stretch
02-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Your profile location was a dead giveaway! Nice to meet ya!

:D Nice to meet you too! I'm hoping to get over to the new Margaritaville restaurant in Pigeon Forge that Thursday night when we get down to TN for this event. You should join us.

Mike, thanks for the heads up.

PatrickB
02-17-2014, 07:18 PM
:D Nice to meet you too! I'm hoping to get over to the new Margaritaville restaurant in Pigeon Forge that Thursday night when we get down to TN for this event. You should join us.

I wish I could - we're not getting there until Friday morning.. :( Wonder if there will be another chance to go over the weekend?

Snakebit
02-17-2014, 07:21 PM
I made my reservation earlier today and am looking forward to the trip! Planning on catching the Ohio convoy at the lunch stop in Cincy on Thursday. Margaritaville that evening sounds good, too!

Gonna be a long 3+ months 'til we can pull out ...

Stretch
02-17-2014, 07:23 PM
I wish I could - we're not getting there until Friday morning.. :( Wonder if there will be another chance to go over the weekend?

Well bummer. Friday & Saturday will be pretty full of driving. We'll have to see if there is time to sneak over there. It's not far from the hotel.

GreenVenom
02-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Plan on meeting up with you Stretch in Cinnci. On Thursday along with Victoryman..... If he can keep up.

Stretch
02-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Plan on meeting up with you Stretch in Cinnci. On Thursday along with Victoryman..... If he can keep up.

Great! I am adding you to my list.

IndyRon
02-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Add me to the list too please! Since this is my first "Tail" trip, can anyone confirm if a hotel has been designated as the Snake Pit and if so, do I need to mention to anyone about being in the Viper club?

For the Indiana Guys, anyone care to caravan out there together from Indy to Cincy?

01sapphirebob
02-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Add me to the list too please! Since this is my first "Tail" trip, can anyone confirm if a hotel has been designated as the Snake Pit and if so, do I need to mention to anyone about being in the Viper club?

For the Indiana Guys, anyone care to caravan out there together from Indy to Cincy?

Hotel info can be found in this thread. :)

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/2157-Tail-of-the-Dragon-Update-aka-Something-to-Think-About-While-Snowbound

Snakebit
02-18-2014, 07:59 PM

Not Indiana, but will be coming across I74 from the Champaign, IL area. Would be great to hook up with you on the way if it works out!

JohnHammer
02-18-2014, 10:55 PM
I've been driving the Dragon since the late '90's when I'd come down with another marque club. Regardless of the cars, one rule remains & this is crucial to know especially if you're a newbie: NEVER CROSS THE CENTER LINE! We came upon that scenario once; 2 cruiser bikes head on into a car. Life flight.

Now, scary stories aside... It's one of the more incredible public roads you'll ever drive (and the entire area; I really love the Foothills Parkway for it's flowing curves & the Skyway for it's views). Not sure I can make it with my work travel, but you'll have a blast!

Remember, smooth is fast. Don't drive over your head. It's a public road, not a racetrack.

victoryman100
02-19-2014, 02:44 AM

Don't let him kid you Stretch, I only let him out front so he keeps the bugs off the front of my car. :drive:

IndyRon
02-19-2014, 07:15 AM
Not Indiana, but will be coming across I74 from the Champaign, IL area. Would be great to hook up with you on the way if it works out!

Great! I'll be in touch with the Central Indiana folks to see if we can organize a group to head to Cincy and then post the time and meeting place so that we can pick up folks along the way before we get picked up by the Ohio guys in Cincy. By the time we roll into Gatlinburg, we should have a pretty big group.

Stretch
02-19-2014, 07:40 AM

Great! Adding you to my list. Can't wait to see the new ride in person!

I've been driving the Dragon since the late '90's when I'd come down with another marque club. Regardless of the cars, one rule remains & this is crucial to know especially if you're a newbie: NEVER CROSS THE CENTER LINE! We came upon that scenario once; 2 cruiser bikes head on into a car. Life flight.

Now, scary stories aside... It's one of the more incredible public roads you'll ever drive (and the entire area; I really love the Foothills Parkway for it's flowing curves & the Skyway for it's views). Not sure I can make it with my work travel, but you'll have a blast!

Remember, smooth is fast. Don't drive over your head. It's a public road, not a racetrack.

Fantastic advice John. Every year there is a group meeting before we hit Deals Gap to go over the rules & risks. Not crossing center is rule #1 for sure.

Glad to see we are getting a group together from IN / IL to come over to Cincy for the convoy. This is going to be fun!

Here's the list of people I have so far for the Cincinnati convoy.

Kevan
VYPR BYT
01sapphirebob
Jeebs
BadAndy
Terry
Dave
moparnav
Timnineside
victoryman100
GreenVenom
IndyRon
Snakebit

HLANDIS
02-24-2014, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=IndyRon;33178]Great! I'll be in touch with the Central Indiana folks to see if we can organize a group to head to Cincy and then post the time and meeting place so that we can pick up folks along the way before we get picked up by the Ohio guys in Cincy. By the time we roll into Gatlinburg, we should have a pretty big group.[/QUOTE
This should be awesome!! Y'all may need a parade permit just to convoy in!! Lol!!👍👍

Stretch
02-24-2014, 09:37 PM
This should be awesome!! Y'all may need a parade permit just to convoy in!! Lol!!����

:D:D

wcg359
02-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Stretch put me down on your list to meet up in Cincy. Will be coming down from Michigan. I will try to meet up with Jeebs for the drive down, I live just north of Marine City.

Jeebs
02-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Stretch put me down on your list to meet up in Cincy. Will be coming down from Michigan. I will try to meet up with Jeebs for the drive down, I live just north of Marine City.

wcg359
That sounds great. If anyone else wants to meet up for the drive down to Cincy, more the merrier.
I can't wait for this trip. It can't get here soon enough. I just booked my room. Count down is on.

Stretch
02-26-2014, 01:55 PM

Done, welcome aboard!

I posted a thread specifically in the Ohio section for the convoy as well and plan to keep it updated as we get closer.

Joel
02-28-2014, 01:12 PM
OK here is the latest, greatest, and most up-to-datest on the Tail of the Dragon Event. We are up to over 30 rooms reserved already and it is not even March yet. We have the parade permit in hand. Crystelle Creek Grill and the Cherokee Grill have been notified we are coming and are stocking up on adult beverages. We are working on ordering the same weather we had last year and by that I mean perfect! Caravans from the north, south, east, and west have been planned. Stretch is shooting for 20 cars in the caravan from Ohio. Carolina already has a dozen cars. Folks are coming from Canada and Alaska. There might even be some native Tennesseans to will lead you through the wilderness of great curvy roads. The highways and byways will not be safe. The parade will be filmed and copies available to show your friends what they missed as 75 (our goal) Vipers roar through the streets of Gatlinburg. Special TOD T-shirts will be available in short and long sleeve - reserve yours now - $20 short sleeve and $25 long sleeve - Royal Blue with TOD on the back. After all, you got to look good when you get home and tell tales about the tail. The twisty and turny roads will be ready - will you? I can't believe you would even consider missing it!

uvbnbit
03-01-2014, 08:07 AM
I'm still working on "special guest". Booking my room this weekend.....

No hemi
03-03-2014, 07:44 AM
NICE!!, where can i order the shirts Joel?

uvbnbit
03-03-2014, 10:34 AM
As usual, anyone that comes in on Thurs eve, here is where some will be staying at just across from the Cracker Barrel for the group that will be meeting there Friday morning. Pretty nice place for $76. (non-refundable rate). Dinner and beverages Thurs eve at local yet to be determined location.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=country+inn+and+suites+knoxville+tn&fb=1&gl=us&hq=country+inn+and+suites&hnear=0x885c162246ce42a9:0x7bea92dac4f534c5,Knoxvi lle,+TN&ei=UqwUU6qiO8nLkQfam4H4Dg&ved=0COkBELYD&iwloc=cids:3966552387140488796

Joel
03-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Angel, just pm me or joel.hausler@mtsu.edu and we'll take care of you. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Just let me know size and short or long sleeve. Supplier can get child sizes too.

NICE!!, where can i order the shirts Joel?

HLANDIS
03-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Chip, I'm assuming plans are the same as past years. A few groups will meetup at CB in kville, then head out??

uvbnbit
03-04-2014, 05:57 AM
Chip, I'm assuming plans are the same as past years. A few groups will meetup at CB in kville, then head out??

Correct. times will be determined, but we've had to meet/depart earlier from CB each year due to the size of the group. I'm guessing arrival 8am -9am ish to depart at 10. That gives us time to mingle, socialize, line up and be FUELED UP ready to roll.

Timnineside
03-07-2014, 09:49 AM
The family and I just locked in our lodging! Wifes family owns some mini-mansion on a lake in Gattlinburg (SP?). We are bringing the Viper down on the Wednesday before. Not sure if we are going to trailer or drive if down. We will have my 15mo son so they will probably lay around during the events at the house.

This is going to be a great time!

Stretch
03-07-2014, 10:25 AM
The family and I just locked in our lodging! Wifes family owns some mini-mansion on a lake in Gattlinburg (SP?). We are bringing the Viper down on the Wednesday before. Not sure if we are going to trailer or drive if down. We will have my 15mo son so they will probably lay around during the events at the house.

This is going to be a great time!

Great! I'll take you off my Cincy convoy list so I don't get confused. See you down there!

HLANDIS
03-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Man! Just quickly looking through the forums, there is some serious momentum building for this years TOTD!! Looks like caravans have doubled from those that are posting!! Can't wait!!😜😜👍👍

V1PERMAN
03-07-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm going to arrange something from Florida if anyone is interested, please contact me.

Regardless, since I have a vacation house outside Gattlinburg I wouldn't miss this for anything !

The Dragon is always fun and to pull in to Deals Gap with all these Vipers will be awesome. We need to get the folks over at SRT to do a story on this. It's great PR for them!

Snakebit
03-07-2014, 09:20 PM
It will certainly be a sight to see at the store. Been there when it's chock full of bikes a time or two, but 75-ish Vipers? Wow! :dude3:

99RT10
03-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Correct. times will be determined, but we've had to meet/depart earlier from CB each year due to the size of the group. I'm guessing arrival 8am -9am ish to depart at 10. That gives us time to mingle, socialize, line up and be FUELED UP ready to roll.

Early birds need to start early to get the worm................... :D I will be there on the 27th. Lets meet up at Matt's shop by the Ramada Inn and get going early. Anybody up for that?

Oh, and can somebody in the Carolina club PLEASE drag Janni, Henry, and John Slaughter to this event?! It is in their back yard and they have never come. If they do make it, they will never miss another. Bring on the N. & S. Carolina's!!!!

Brian GTS
03-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Early birds need to start early to get the worm................... :D I will be there on the 27th. Lets meet up at Matt's shop by the Ramada Inn and get going early. Anybody up for that?
Oh, and can somebody in the Carolina club PLEASE drag Janni, Henry, and John Slaughter to this event?! It is in their back yrad and they have never come. If they do make it, they will never miss another. Bring on the N. & S. Carolina's!!!!

You bet we'll do our best to get Janni and John out there. We've got 12 cars coming from NC/SC so far this year....triple last year! :)

uvbnbit
03-08-2014, 07:19 AM
somebody dig up the video from last year of about 30 of us leaving Deals Gap. Then double that for this year!

Snakebit
03-08-2014, 07:31 AM
This?

http://youtu.be/PArvLmHn5fY

Loud
03-08-2014, 09:04 AM
This?

http://youtu.be/PArvLmHn5fY

Love the B/W at 2:20 ;)

Ok, love em all...

IndyRon
03-10-2014, 10:18 AM
For those of us looking at going for the first time, does anyone know if there is an online itinerary or plans for the weekend? Maybe what to expect and times? I've been to Gatlinburg before but also was wondering if there were any planned activities, car shows, specific cruises, etc? Thanks.

Stretch
03-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Ron, this is what I put in the Ohio convoy thread to give people a basic idea of what to expect based on the plans from the previous years.

Event details (based on previous trips, just to give you an idea of what you're getting into )

Thursday 5.29
- All day road trip starting from our meeting point in Cincinnati to Gatlinburg, TN.

Friday 5.30
- Depart the hotel and drive to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. It's about a 90 minute drive. Usually the Cracker Barrel west of Knoxville off Campbell Station Road (there are multiple close to there).
- Leave breakfast to run the Cherahola Skyway & the Tail of the Dragon.
- Drive back to Gatlinburg for dinner.

Saturday 5.31
- Scenic driving through the mountains with a stop for lunch.
- Evening parade through Gatlinburg (this is pretty cool).

Sunday 6.30
- Start the drive back still grinning from all the fun you've had.

99RT10
03-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Ron, this is what I put in the Ohio convoy thread to give people a basic idea of what to expect based on the plans from the previous years.

Event details (based on previous trips, just to give you an idea of what you're getting into )

Thursday 5.29
- All day road trip starting from our meeting point in Cincinnati to Gatlinburg, TN.

After parking the car, drinking heavily enjoy seeing the slowest Vipers show up because they are yellow.................:D

Friday 5.30
- Depart the hotel and drive to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. It's about a 90 minute drive. Usually the Cracker Barrel west of Knoxville off Campbell Station Road (there are multiple close to there).
- Leave breakfast to run the Cherahola Skyway & the Tail of the Dragon.
- Drive back to Gatlinburg for dinner.

If it take you 90 minutes to get to the Cracker barrel, you are driving a yellow Viper.....................:smilielol:

Saturday 5.31
- Scenic driving through the mountains with a stop for lunch.
- Evening parade through Gatlinburg (this is pretty cool).

The front group usually don't see much of the scenery, more concentrated on driving. Parade is really cool :drive:

Sunday 6.30
- Start the drive back still grinning from all the fun you've had.

Saddest part of the weekend because it is all over until next year............... Or 5 months if we can convince the AL/TN club to host a "Changing of the colors" drive in October......... :D

Stretch
03-10-2014, 12:43 PM
I forgot one key piece of information for the weekend. Do not, under any circumstances, follow 99RT10 on the skyway or the tail. Do not.

Do not.

That is all :D

Joel
03-10-2014, 05:11 PM
I can see it has already started. Cracker Barrel better get some hall monitors before this gets out of hand. Drinking? Who said anything about drinking? When blue and yellow car owners poke each other do the green cars laugh? Thank goodness those of us with other color cars are immune to all this folderol.

VYPR BYT
03-10-2014, 08:07 PM
... When blue and yellow car owners poke each other do the green cars laugh? ...
Oh yeaaah! :smilielol:

uvbnbit
03-10-2014, 08:17 PM
For those of us looking at going for the first time, does anyone know if there is an online itinerary or plans for the weekend? Maybe what to expect and times? I've been to Gatlinburg before but also was wondering if there were any planned activities, car shows, specific cruises, etc? Thanks.

Yes. We will have a detailed itinerary, map, phone #s (not mine LOL). with a group this large, there is always a few that get separated from one of the many groups due to traffic and other reasons (not drinking enuff). I'm sure we will have a good shepherd (Joel) to bring back the lost sheep and protect the rest of us from the big bad wolf (99RT10)

:stickmen_burningsti

victoryman100
03-21-2014, 03:38 AM
I can see it has already started. Cracker Barrel better get some hall monitors before this gets out of hand. Drinking? Who said anything about drinking? When blue and yellow car owners poke each other do the green cars laugh? Thank goodness those of us with other color cars are immune to all this folderol.
Yes we do!

BadAndy
03-21-2014, 09:20 AM
We should all get joined up to a WAZE group on our phones when we get there also. That would help.

Stretch
03-21-2014, 10:08 AM
I don't know what a WAZE group is, but if you have 2 way radios bring them. It helps to relay info in the convoy and keep cars together.

BadAndy
03-21-2014, 12:28 PM
https://www.waze.com/

Janey suggested it some time ago for a similar event. Not sure it ever got used much but I've been using it for a while now. Pretty hard to beat for free. Maybe I'll just take the task of setting one up. Call it TODVIPER

Loud
03-21-2014, 02:54 PM
https://www.waze.com/

Janey suggested it some time ago for a similar event. Not sure it ever got used much but I've been using it for a while now. Pretty hard to beat for free. Maybe I'll just take the task of setting one up. Call it TODVIPER

Cell reception is pretty bad in that area.

Joel
03-21-2014, 05:31 PM
We are going to do our best to have a turn by turn nav sheet for folks because we will get "stretched" (no pun) out and it is likely that all folks will not want to go at the same speed. When we get a good idea of how many cars will be in the convoy from Knoxville, we can get a route planned. There is the easy way - with fewer turns - and the fun way - more turns - to get to Tellico Plains. From there it is still 100 miles to Gatlinburg so the whole trip is right around 200 miles - see the problem? But, in the past, it has been hard to keep folks on schedule. One person 10 minutes late will make the whole group an hour late at the end of the drive. We'll do our best to keep the group together but bring a GPS and try to remember it is about fun not frustration.

I don't know what a WAZE group is, but if you have 2 way radios bring them. It helps to relay info in the convoy and keep cars together.

Timnineside
03-26-2014, 10:30 PM
For all of you guys who have done this before what is the best day to hop in on? I will have my wife and son so I can only pick probably 1 or 2 day's out of the weekend to join up. What's the best day and why?

-Tim

uvbnbit
03-27-2014, 05:52 AM
Friday is actually the day we run the Dragon as a group (60+). Scenic drives, lunch, etc on Sat. Others that just can't get enough will drive Dragon ALL day on either or both Fri/Sat. You won't want to miss dinner Friday (great social time) and the Parade of all parades thru center of G'burg on Sat eve followed by dinner at the end of strip. We bring everything to a halt. :D

Loud
03-27-2014, 08:08 AM
For all of you guys who have done this before what is the best day to hop in on? I will have my wife and son so I can only pick probably 1 or 2 day's out of the weekend to join up. What's the best day and why?

-Tim

For strictly driving, it is Friday. All day fun. And then you will want to do it again on Sat :)

HLANDIS
03-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Is Margaritaville official for those of us that will be there early Thursday??

Stretch
03-30-2014, 07:09 PM

Not official yet. The website has moved the expected opening from "Spring 2014" to "Summer 2014". So the good news is that it's on the website, the bad news is that it may not open until after our trip. I'm going to call them to see if I can get details as we get closer.

If it's not open we could still get a group together for dinner that Thursday night if people are interested.

01sapphirebob
03-30-2014, 07:10 PM

Paging Stretch!

:very_drunk:

Timnineside
03-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Great thanks for the help guys. Looks like I will be in on the all day Friday stuff and may be able to hop in on the parade Saturday evening possibly. Looking forward to this!

Joel
03-31-2014, 02:35 PM
I would suggest Crystelle Creek if you are in Gatlinburg anyway. Nice place, good food, plenty of parking, they actually WANT us to come, and you can warm the place up for Friday night. If you are interested, I can call the folks there to see if they can accomodate 2 nights of crazies.

Not official yet. The website has moved the expected opening from "Spring 2014" to "Summer 2014". So the good news is that it's on the website, the bad news is that it may not open until after our trip. I'm going to call them to see if I can get details as we get closer.

If it's not open we could still get a group together for dinner that Thursday night if people are interested.

HLANDIS
03-31-2014, 06:33 PM

Sounds good, I know for sure that we'll have 2 vipers from LA going thurs night(4 ppl total). If not Margaritaville, anywhere would be cool. I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that will be in thurs. night also. Ill keep an eye out for details!
COME ON MAY😜😜!!!

HLANDIS
03-31-2014, 06:36 PM
BTW Stretch, have you heard from Matt Messenger? He's a new member in your area looking to join an event with the group. Gave him your forum name to lookup. May want to contact him on FB. He posted there. Seemed interested in making the trip down.

Stretch
03-31-2014, 06:39 PM
BTW Stretch, have you heard from Matt Messenger? He's a new member in your area looking to join an event with the group. Gave him your forum name to lookup. May want to contact him on FB. He posted there. Seemed interested in making the trip down.

Yep I saw the post and talked to him for a bit last night. He is going to check his schedule and hopefully be able to join the convoy. So pumped for May!!!!

I'll call Margaritaville this week to see if that's a possibility and let you guys know. If not, we can get something else planned for Thursday. I am hoping our convoy rolls in there by about 7pm.

HLANDIS
03-31-2014, 07:21 PM
Yep I saw the post and talked to him for a bit last night. He is going to check his schedule and hopefully be able to join the convoy. So pumped for May!!!!

I'll call Margaritaville this week to see if that's a possibility and let you guys know. If not, we can get something else planned for Thursday. I am hoping our convoy rolls in there by about 7pm.
Keep us updated, ill get Tyrone(the guy making the video) to be in stealth ninja mode to capture y'all rolling in that night! 👍😀😀

Jeebs
03-31-2014, 08:19 PM
2 months and counting down. I can't wait. I had a great time last year and this year should be even better.
And the convoy down this year will be better then last years 12hrs solo drive.

VYPR BYT
03-31-2014, 08:39 PM
2 months and counting down. I can't wait. I had a great time last year and this year should be even better.
And the convoy down this year will be better then last years 12hrs solo drive.
Yeah Charlie, ya gotta make it worth it by getting there earlier this time! That's a long haul.
See you soon.

99RT10
03-31-2014, 11:36 PM
Yeah Charlie, ya gotta make it worth it by getting there earlier this time! That's a long haul.
See you soon.

Not too long though. I am looking at a 7 hour drive IF I have nice weather. Looking forward to the drive up there form the depths of Alabama.................. :D

I plan to be there Tuesday night, let me know if there are any early birds showing up, I planned to be stocked for nightly activities.............. :D

Joel
04-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Believe it or not, I'm still getting inquiries from all over the country. Once again, May 30-June 1. Greystone Lodge at the Aquarium. Address: 559 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 Phone (800) 451-9202 Almost 50 rooms booked. Please let us know if you are bringing a trailer so we can be sure we have adequate parking. As of now, 4 folks have said they are bringing trailers. I heard Stretch is buying the first round at Crystelle Creek Friday night but that may have been a rumor started by a red viper owner or maybe a blue viper owner. Someone started it... but we know yellow viper owners got the bucks to go with all that speed!!

Stretch
04-02-2014, 08:17 AM
I heard that Warren was buying the first round Friday night :p

We might have 1 or 2 trailers in our convoy. I'll double check and let you know.

uvbnbit
04-02-2014, 02:43 PM
We weren't able to hook up on way to NY for margaritas so first round at CC sounds good. Thanks Jace!

VYPR BYT
04-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Not too long though. I am looking at a 7 hour drive IF I have nice weather. Looking forward to the drive up there form the depths of Alabama.................. :D

I plan to be there Tuesday night, let me know if there are any early birds showing up, I planned to be stocked for nightly activities.............. :D

Yeah Mike, you have a pretty good haul as well. See you that Thursday

jdeft1
04-05-2014, 07:00 PM
OK kids... I'm in! Just booked! I know I'll see Anil but he won't have the only LOUD car on the Parkway this year.........

Cheers!

No hemi
04-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Hmmm another loud one... Let 's see how it compares to mine ;-)

Joel
04-06-2014, 01:22 PM
We have a request from Ronny Landis (HLANDIS on the forums). We are going to do some filming for a video of the event and Ronny would like to know who would be available Thursday to do some filming on 441 above Gatlinburg. They want to do some aerial shots of Vipers on the road - no Vipers will be harmed during the filming. If you will be in town on Thursday please PM me or Ronny so we can have you in the film and get an idea of who might be available. This is a chance for all the red and yellow cars to really look good - and fast.

99RT10
04-06-2014, 02:39 PM
I should be available........................ Unless I get caught by Johnny law............... :D

DaveW
04-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Do you have a timeframe for the shoot?

NSviper
04-06-2014, 05:07 PM
We plan on being there Wednesday. So we would be available.

Viper67wife
04-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Joel, we 'll be coming in on Thursay, not sure what time yet, so keep us in the loop.

Diane

Joel
04-07-2014, 10:08 AM
I haven't gotten a final time from Ronny but I suspect the weather may dictate the time. I would say they will want to begin some time after 10 am. I'll let you all know. So far it looks like about at least 6 cars will be there. Keep us informed please!

CaptainDavid
04-07-2014, 06:56 PM
I'll be there !! and some of the Georgia folk ! lookin forward !!

uvbnbit
04-08-2014, 06:12 AM
I should be available........................ Unless I get caught by Johnny law............... :D

Of course you'll be there. you're the one flying the helicopter....:D

Loud
04-08-2014, 09:18 AM
OK kids... I'm in! Just booked! I know I'll see Anil but he won't have the only LOUD car on the Parkway this year.........

Cheers!

Hmmm another loud one... Let 's see how it compares to mine ;-)

Dang competition. Doubt I'll be able to do headers before this event :(

HLANDIS
04-08-2014, 08:08 PM
I haven't gotten a final time from Ronny but I suspect the weather may dictate the time. I would say they will want to begin some time after 10 am. I'll let you all know. So far it looks like about at least 6 cars will be there. Keep us informed please!
Tyrone and I are planning to try to get the Ariel shots starting around 1 pm thursday. We figured that would give those late sleepers time to clean up, have lunch then do the shoot. We will only have 1 hour so well do the best we can with that. Once times are guaranteed ill post again.
Also shooting what Tyrone called B roll shots on Wednesday also if anyone wants to join then. That will be an early day since we will be getting a sunrise time lapse from clingmans dome! After that, various scenic shots, viper shots etc throughout the mountains.
Then Friday and Saturday its on!! All day filming of EVERYTHING!! Lol.

PS, Tyrone asked if we can get a "chase" car that would really help in getting some unique shots, maybe someone with an extra seat? Not all weekend just for a few shots here and there.

Stretch
04-08-2014, 09:44 PM
There will definitely be some extra seats in cars that weekend. Shouldn't be a problem.

turbo355
04-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Me ,and my wife will be there on Thur. some friends and us rented a cabin for the weekend, hope to see you all there.

HLANDIS
04-09-2014, 06:27 PM
It's confirmed. Aeriel shoot will be on Thursday at 1 pm. Mainly on the 441 hwy into the mtns from Gburg. We have the helo for 1 hour, so we'll get as many shots as possible. Pray for good weather!!🙏🙏🙏

HLANDIS
04-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Dang competition. Doubt I'll be able to do headers before this event :(

Ill have brand new Belanger headers and full exhaust with PCM upgrade! Think you'll still take me though Anil!! 😜😜

jdeft1
04-13-2014, 06:47 PM
That sounds really, really cool! Why not try to film vipers on the Dragon instead?

I'll be in Gatlinburg on Thurs. to add a my tiny gen1 muscle if I can find you guys... My goal is Deal's Gap for early in the week.... Yep, I stay at the dive at the top every year, for a couple mid-week runs if possible. Seriously, that place is nice compared to ten years ago. hahaha... (did it then too)

Cheers!

HLANDIS
04-13-2014, 08:22 PM
That sounds really, really cool! Why not try to film vipers on the Dragon instead?

I'll be in Gatlinburg on Thurs. to add a my tiny gen1 muscle if I can find you guys... My goal is Deal's Gap for early in the week.... Yep, I stay at the dive at the top every year, for a couple mid-week runs if possible. Seriously, that place is nice compared to ten years ago. hahaha... (did it then too)

Cheers!

Dragon would have been great, but some locals advised that due to tree cover it would be really difficult to get good shots.
Also, we only have the chopper for 1 hour and flight round trip would eat up a lot of filming time.
We were told they can only fly at 80 MPH max.
I think this will still be awesome footage!!
Counting down!!!👍👍😀😀

99RT10
04-13-2014, 09:42 PM
It's confirmed. Aeriel shoot will be on Thursday at 1 pm. Mainly on the 441 hwy into the mtns from Gburg. We have the helo for 1 hour, so we'll get as many shots as possible. Pray for good weather!!������

Does he need a co-pilot? I would love to see that from a different angle.................... :D

XSTAR
04-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Planning to hit the Dragon in the AM :). Won't be the same w/out a caravan...

Trying to catch-up on the thread, helicopter chase say what...?!

Joel
04-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Filming on 441 after lunch Thursday. Be there if you can.

Planning to hit the Dragon in the AM :). Won't be the same w/out a caravan...

Trying to catch-up on the thread, helicopter chase say what...?!

Mad Max
04-28-2014, 08:59 PM
Hey guys,

Please add me to your group. Will be in the caravan with Stretch.

DEADEYE
04-28-2014, 11:13 PM
It's getting close!

jdeft1
05-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Thurs. meeting point??? Greystone? I want to be there if possible.

Cheers

HLANDIS
05-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Thurs. meeting point??? Greystone? I want to be there if possible.

Cheers
Yes we can gather at Greystone, that's probably the easiest place to coordinate the group.

extremneon
05-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Sounds like an awesome event..

Thanks for letting me know about it and the forum HLANDIS.

99RT10
05-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Everybody needs to pray to the rain God. 10 day outlook:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTN0268

:(

01sapphirebob
05-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Everybody needs to pray to the rain God. 10 day outlook:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTN0268

:(

We should be fine. I never trust the 10 day. At least where I live. It could change 5 times by tuesday. Lol. Fingers crossed. This is my first time so hoping for good weather. :)

uvbnbit
05-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Rain is never fun there. The first couple of years we did this in 05,06 I think it rained. 2 years ago fog was way thick. Did it stop us from having a great time? N E V E R !

Loud
05-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Rain is never fun there. The first couple of years we did this in 05,06 I think it rained. 2 years ago fog was way thick. Did it stop us from having a great time? N E V E R !

Yup, rain or shine.

Bmw2nv2000
05-22-2014, 08:48 PM
Unfortunately my acr is on sport cups so rain is not only no fun its stupid dangerous :( I guess if the rain is in the forecast come wed I'll be rolling up in the Beemer. Crap this sux. And I just got my new alcantara steering wheel and interior pieces done too.

Viper67wife
05-22-2014, 08:51 PM
So what time are we meeting at a greystone on Thursday for the copter pics? Don't want to miss it!!

Diane

Jeebs
05-22-2014, 09:01 PM
I agree. Rain or shine im going again. Its booked. Im just hopping for no rain.
Can't wait.

HLANDIS
05-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately my acr is on sport cups so rain is not only no fun its stupid dangerous :( I guess if the rain is in the forecast come wed I'll be rolling up in the Beemer. Crap this sux. And I just got my new alcantara steering wheel and interior pieces done too.
One year we had a lot of rain and we had Chuck with his 2010 snakeskin ACR on sport cups and he did just fine the whole weekend.
Just use common sense and don't get stupid with it. You'll be fine😀😀

HLANDIS
05-23-2014, 01:51 PM
So what time are we meeting at a greystone on Thursday for the copter pics? Don't want to miss it!!

Diane

I think if we plan for noon that should be plenty of time to gather everyone and coordinate. Filming should start at 1 pm.

HLANDIS
05-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Anyone from the area or very familiar with the hwy 441 route that we will be filming on going to be there Thursday? Someone to lead us would be helpful. I'm not from the area, so someone familiar could save us a lot of time. Thanks!
Ronny
Cell: five zero four- 450-36 eight eight.
PS WE ARRIVE WED PM IF ANY OTHERS WILL BE THERE.

Brian GTS
05-23-2014, 03:17 PM

It's still over a week away! I don't know about your area, but weather people are unable to forecast a few days ahead let along an entire week. I'll wait to start watching the weather on Tuesday...a little more reliable. :)

Snakebit
05-23-2014, 03:27 PM
It's already improved from what it was a day or two ago!

HLANDIS
05-23-2014, 03:42 PM
It's still over a week away! I don't know about your area, but weather people are unable to forecast a few days ahead let along an entire week. I'll wait to start watching the weather on Tuesday...a little more reliable. :)
I'm from New Orleans. I know what you mean!! 10% chance of rain here means bring your umbrella!! Fingers crossed!

Snakebit
05-23-2014, 03:54 PM
I've been down there many, many times on a motorcycle. Only twice did I not get rained on. But rarely was it a complete wash out.

uvbnbit
05-23-2014, 04:18 PM
One year we had a lot of rain and we had Chuck with his 2010 snakeskin ACR on sport cups and he did just fine the whole weekend.
Just use common sense and don't get stupid with it. You'll be fine����

+1. I talked to Chuck that afternoon at the car wash. Was blown away he was running that hard on sport cups. Him too. Keep em hot and water evaps right off.....:D

99RT10
05-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Just use common sense and don't get stupid with it. You'll be fine😀😀

What he said, just don't drive like me......:D

That being said, my wife is looking to tag along in a car, slower group. She refuses to drive with me...... :D Anybody have an empty seat?

jdeft1
05-23-2014, 06:48 PM
I've been down there many, many times on a motorcycle. Only twice did I not get rained on. But rarely was it a complete wash out.

I've been there every year since the 90's. (It's the perfect 5 day road trip for me) It rains every time.....

This is not BS:
12? years ago, I saw the largest hail I've ever seen, just north of Gatlinburg, at a motel. No $hit, it was door knob to baseball sized (this is not BS). I was glad to have my bike under cover. Every car in the lot was damaged, including broken windshields!

Prey for good weather.... There's no good cover for a viper in the rain, on the road.........

Cheers

Bmw2nv2000
05-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Don't count me out yet. Im def hoping for some weather forecast changes by wed. But maybe I'll drive her even if it rains hell insurance pays pretty good anyway right? lol
But I will say at 80mph interstate speeds when those racing tires hit a puddle they will not find grip in anyway, esp the steam roller rears. So if she spins and leaves me stranded I hope someone will give me a lift =}

HLANDIS
05-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Down to 40% and 30%!!! Keep praying😀😀

V1PERMAN
05-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Anyone from the area or very familiar with the hwy 441 route that we will be filming on going to be there Thursday? Someone to lead us would be helpful. I'm not from the area, so someone familiar could save us a lot of time. Thanks!
Ronny

I will arrive in Tennessee tomorrow. I'll go and check out a route-area where the chopper can see and film us. 441 is very difficult as it is mostly covered by trees. Also, most of the time you can't drive over 25 mph due to all the Pappaw's in minivans. ��

Joel
05-24-2014, 09:03 PM
Dave. Call Tim. He is already checking on some spots - pull off Clingman's Dome and a few other areas.

Joel
05-24-2014, 09:05 PM
She can ride with me - that way we can both give you a hard time!!! I'll be in the back going slowly but surely.

That being said, my wife is looking to tag along in a car, slower group. She refuses to drive with me...... :D Anybody have an empty seat?

NSviper
05-25-2014, 04:33 AM
Ronny

WE are heading down this morning. Should be there Wed sometime...

Stretch
05-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Getting excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ViperGTS
05-25-2014, 12:59 PM

I am not there, otherwise I could give R. the ride of her life! :o May be next year...

HLANDIS
05-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Sorry mistake. We will be arriving Tuesday pm not wed, anyone available please join us wed. We will make the loop, including the dragon, to get some shots. This way we can take our time at pull offs, scenic areas, and staged shots. Thursday helo filming and general group/club shots. Friday ACTION shots! Saturday ACTION shots!!😜😜.
Again for those want to meetup with us wed/thurs my cell is below.

Five zero four- 450- 36 eight eight.
Ronny

99RT10
05-25-2014, 08:50 PM
I am not there, otherwise I could give R. the ride of her life! :o May be next year...

Maybe Oct?

Thanks Joel! I will let her know.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry mistake. We will be arriving Tuesday pm not wed, anyone available please join us wed. We will make the loop, including the dragon, to get some shots. This way we can take our time at pull offs, scenic areas, and staged shots. Thursday helo filming and general group/club shots. Friday ACTION shots! Saturday ACTION shots!!����.
Again for those want to meetup with us wed/thurs my cell is below.

Five zero four- 450- 36 eight eight.
Ronny

Hey Ronny,
what time are you guys starting? I will be coming down about noon on Wed.

DEADEYE
05-26-2014, 09:06 PM
We're starting very early Wednesday morning...like before sunrise. lol

HLANDIS
05-26-2014, 09:14 PM
We're getting a time lapse of sunrise from clingmans dome, then making the trip all the way around back through the dragon. A few runs back and forth on the dragon getting video/shots, then back to gburg for dinner and more "local" footage.
If anyone want to join us at any point along the route, please do! The more cars the better.

Viper67wife
05-28-2014, 04:03 PM
1 hour until departure. Hoping to be there for noon tomorrow morning.

Diane

HLANDIS
05-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Just a reminder to all those who want to attend the filming tomorrow (Thursday) we need to be at greystone lodge for 11:30 am.

XSTAR
05-28-2014, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=HLANDIS;56724]Just a reminder to all those who want to attend the filming tomorrow (Thursday) we need to be at greystone lodge for 11:30 am.[/QUOTE

I'd be there if I could get out of my customer presentation. Beautiful evening out, just got in from a drive...can't wait!

Viper67wife
05-29-2014, 05:24 AM
Wait for us!!! That's our expected arrival time.

Diane

uvbnbit
05-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Just a reminder to those meeting in Kville at exit 373 cracker barrel Fri morn. We'll be gathering in the Parking lot (large one on left as you pull in) 7:30-8am, and planning on pulling out around 9am. SO, if you plan on eating at CB, take this into consideration. We are going a different, more direct, less traffic light route this year. Be fueled up ready to ROCK.

-chip

ViperWally
05-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Just a reminder to those meeting in Kville at exit 373 cracker barrel Fri morn. We'll be gathering in the Parking lot (large one on left as you pull in) 7:30-8am, and planning on pulling out around 9am. SO, if you plan on eating at CB, take this into consideration. We are going a different, more direct, less traffic light route this year. Be fueled up ready to ROCK.

-chip
Chip we will be leaving Nashville area later today. when are you leaving? PM Me your cell might be able to link up with you guys

ViperWally
05-29-2014, 09:19 AM

-chip

You have Mail :D

XSTAR
05-29-2014, 02:52 PM

Haha, I've seen several pics pop-up on a local FB group... I was just about to wash mine, but looks like a pop-up thunderstorm here in Knoxville.

HLANDIS
05-29-2014, 05:11 PM

Haha, I've seen several pics pop-up on a local FB group... I was just about to wash mine, but looks like a pop-up thunderstorm here in Knoxville.
Haha! wait till after the parade Saturday! Pics and vids pop up everywhere😜

HLANDIS
05-31-2014, 10:40 PM
Well another Dragon event in the books!! Best year ever! The turnout was amazing, the cars were amazing, and of course the people were even more amazing!
Thanks to all who organized, planned, and help put this together. GREAT JOB!
It was so cool to meet, talk, and DRIVE with so many that share our enthusiasm and passion for these cars.
I look forward to seeing everyone again and hope all have a safe trip back home!
BTW,
VIPERS: 70+,
DRAGON: 0 = SLAYED
😜😜😜😜😜

Joel
06-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Just got home. At least most of me. Wanted to thank everyone for coming. Great time - great people - great cars! Over 76 cars in attendance and a few strays that were hard to count. Chip says next year is the 10th anniversary and we're going to shoot for 100 cars. Right now I'd like 100 ZZZZ's.

Special thanks to: the Ackleys who had us to their place to share the spotlight with the Wolf-Dog Foundation. Maurice for taking the time to come and share a good time with us and document that we all don't live on trailers on a cliff - well most of us. To our special friends from the Carolinas and the "Stretch" convoy for the support of our efforts. To the Florida contingent who made it up only to find it was hotter in Tennessee than in Florida. To our Canadian friends who found their money was actually worth more here - hey! To Ronny and Tyrone for their tireless work on the video. And to all who journeyed from far and wide to make this happen. Thanks for coming. Thanks for being safe. And, most of all - thanks for being our Viper friends!!!! To the rest of you who thought about it but didn't come - there is always next year.

PatrickB
06-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Absolutely awesome weekend - that's the word that I can't get out of my head! Awesome time, awesome cars, and most importantly, awesome people! From the new friends we made to all of our friends in the Carolinas region, we are so thankful to know you guys. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again! A big thanks to the TN/AL guys for having everyone up and thanks to all that were involved in the planning of the events and rides. It was simply amazing to see so many Vipers in one place!

For those who didn't hang with the Carolinas region Saturday night, you missed quite the party.. :D

Tail of the Dragon 2015 can't get here soon enough.. :)

DaveW
06-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Joel,

With all the accolades soon to follow, I wish to simply say "Thank you!" for an unforgettable time for my wife and me and especially your kind and unselfish dedication to the VOA and the priceless time (when you could have been sleeping last night) that you spent with a new member like me.

Sincerely,

Dave

Mreeves
06-01-2014, 08:23 PM
I would also like to say THANK YOU!! I am not saying it just for me, but for everyone that I have heard say "this was a great trip". Joel and your team, hats off, great job!!

01sapphirebob
06-01-2014, 08:54 PM
I'd also like to say Thank You to all those involved. This was my first year for the dragon. After a couple years of hearing Stretch and Kevan sayin "You've never been?" "You've gotta go!" My wife and I finally made the trip down and what it trip it was. From what I understand it was a record year for viper inattendance. It might as well have been a mini NVE for as many cars and regions that were represented. Thanks to all for your hard work and dedication to the members and the club. I already have the dragon marked in my phone for 2015! I'll post my pics soon. :dude3:

(555th post :))

Joel
06-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Patrick - I told you guys I'd come out with you but I sold my last t-shirt and video at 10:15 pm or so. The next thing I know, I'm waking up looking at the ceiling. Unfortunately it was in my hotel room - not out at the party with you guys. Thanks again for all of you coming and making TOD IX a success.

Brian GTS
06-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Joel - Sometimes I attend Viper events and don't realize how much fun I had until a few days after it's over. Well, this event was NOT one of those. My FUN FACTOR gauge was pegged from the time I arrived! Thanks to you, this was ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL from beginning to end. I cannot express the gratitude I have toward all of your efforts. You are a CLASS ACT!!!

Unfortunately, I am now coming off the Dragon "high" and becoming immensely depressed that I have to wait another year to do this again. :( That's how great it really was. YOU DA MAN!!!

Brian

Loud
06-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Awesome event indeed. Thank you!

PatrickB
06-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Joel, no problem about coming out...there's always next year.. :)

Brian, I know EXACTLY what you mean about coming off the high - we've been just kind of moping around here tonight not really sure what do with ourselves now that we're back home. I hate having to go through that but the fun we have and the memories we make are worth it in the end!

ViperWally
06-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Was a BLAST meeting everyone, and the most beutiful cars in the world. Im looking forward to it next year

Jeebs
06-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Well 13 hours to get home and it was well worth it again. Can't wait for next year. I had a good time my first time last year and had an even better time this year. It was nice to reunite with the friends that were made last year and i got to meet some more great people. It is such a great event put on by a bunch of amazing people. I want to thank everyone that had a hand in putting this together.
Excellent job everyone and you couldn't ask for a group of nicer people.

uvbnbit
06-02-2014, 06:55 AM
One of our (Lisa and I) Tail of Dragon shots.
Y'all mark your calendars for same weekend for next year. Will be the 10th anniversary for this AL/TN event. Could we hit 100 Vipers next year?????
Either way, It will be tough to out-do this past weekend, but with the help, and attendance of such great people and Viper enthusiasts like yourselves, we'll give it a shot. :dude3:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/uvbnbit/ToD2014_zps4c4a96ba.jpg (http://s194.photobucket.com/user/uvbnbit/media/ToD2014_zps4c4a96ba.jpg.html)

Joel
06-02-2014, 07:21 AM
A bit of housekeeping. We found a radio and several folks did not pick up their videos. We can arrange to have everything returned and videos mailed. Let me know and Tim Morrison will arrange to get your stuff to you. Thanks again for attending.

No hemi
06-02-2014, 07:54 AM
I want to say a big THANK YOU to Joel, Chip, Tim, Ronny, the AL/tennessee chapter and this event was a BLAST, still on a TOD weekend high, but starting to come back to reality now ( feeling depressed), lol), it was def. one for the books, you guys really make one feel appreciated and like one more of the group!!, So looking forward to next time, really i can't thank you enough, also to ALL my carolina Members who made me feel like Family!!!, all of you have a friend in the upstate!!!.

C.J
06-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Joel, my daughter and I had a fantastic time! Thank you so much to you and everyone that volunteered time to arrange the hotel, dinners, Maurice's visit (uber Viperholic!), lunch at the Ackley's, tee shirts, gifts (someone say 'shine?), driving routes, and the parade permit (very cool!). Everyone we met was just super...that is a hallmark of the Viper -- great cars and wonderful folks. This was our first trip and we're looking forward to next year.