PDA

View Full Version : My ACR is in D1 Status!

2doorrocket
08-25-2015, 01:36 PM
I'm so excited! I bought my matching helmet today! #LetsRace #VroomVroom

Boba Fett
08-25-2015, 01:43 PM
don't know what that means but sound good!!

ACR Steve
08-25-2015, 01:55 PM
lol

Don't be too excited D1 could mean 2 months

Darius
08-25-2015, 02:18 PM
So is mine. I've never ordered a car before, not sure I would do it again. The wait is killing me. I have no patience.

Whitey
08-25-2015, 06:59 PM
Darius,
I dealt with it by using Kleenex and lotsa beer! LOL

I have a lot left over. Come on by!

So is mine. I've never ordered a car before, not sure I would do it again. The wait is killing me. I have no patience.

2doorrocket
08-25-2015, 07:34 PM
lol

It's already got a VIN and a ship date assigned. 2 months goes by quick.

dethred
08-25-2015, 07:36 PM
Such hardship. I bought my car in early June, it arrived about a month later, then they didn't get the title to the VA DMV for another month. 2 months, one of which with the car in my possession but no registration. It could be worse. ;-)

Vprbite
08-25-2015, 07:55 PM
Such hardship. I bought my car in early June, it arrived about a month later, then they didn't get the title to the VA DMV for another month. 2 months, one of which with the car in my possession but no registration. It could be worse. ;-)

If they don't get you the title to you, there are ways around that. When I bought my last car, there was a small mistake with the title. I can't remember exactly what it was but it was like the title was somehow in limbo or the bank sent it to the seller by mistake or something like that. So the guy at the DMV said, well let's get it so you can drive it while you get this squared. And he gave me a provisional registration that was good for a month or so. Maybe 90 days. Basically it is a benefit of the doubt sort of thing for exactly my kind of situation. I got it resolved within a week or so but if this happens to any of you, see if they can do that.

Officially it's called a BONDED TITLE.. You pay a small bond (like 100 bucks, so way less than your registration or taxes) swearing it is not stolen but that the title is in limbo or between banks, etc. the car is then released to you with the promise and 100 dollar bond that you will have the title soon. Basically, it's like bailing your car out of jail.

But as a rule I would never post bail on a viper, cause you know our vehicles are all flight risk.

Hopefully this helps someone who gets a vehicle delivered and it's just sitting there.

Capt Van
08-25-2015, 09:32 PM
lol

Hell he is still 14 months ahead of me. :(

dethred
08-25-2015, 09:48 PM
If they don't get you the title to you, there are ways around that. When I bought my last car, there was a small mistake with the title. I can't remember exactly what it was but it was like the title was somehow in limbo or the bank sent it to the seller by mistake or something like that. So the guy at the DMV said, well let's get it so you can drive it while you get this squared. And he gave me a provisional registration that was good for a month or so. Maybe 90 days. Basically it is a benefit of the doubt sort of thing for exactly my kind of situation. I got it resolved within a week or so but if this happens to any of you, see if they can do that.

Officially it's called a BONDED TITLE.. You pay a small bond (like 100 bucks, so way less than your registration or taxes) swearing it is not stolen but that the title is in limbo or between banks, etc. the car is then released to you with the promise and 100 dollar bond that you will have the title soon. Basically, it's like bailing your car out of jail.

But as a rule I would never post bail on a viper, cause you know our vehicles are all flight risk.

Hopefully this helps someone who gets a vehicle delivered and it's just sitting there.

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately VA has nothing but trip permits. I did a few of those until I realized that cops in Loudoun County don't pull over anyone for less than reckless speeding. I put on about 250 miles driving back roads and wincing ever time I passed a cop... which was once. Also helped to have another red sports car with a spare front plate that I attached to the rear.

I want to make it abundantly clear that none of what I mentioned was a viable or responsible solution, but it was enough to cure the itch a bit.

KB Viper
08-25-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm so excited! I bought my matching helmet today! #LetsRace #VroomVroom

so what color combo you go with?

FLATOUT
08-25-2015, 11:23 PM

Pink with white stripes.

Rapidrezults
08-26-2015, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately VA has nothing but trip permits. I did a few of those until I realized that cops in Loudoun County don't pull over anyone for less than reckless speeding. I put on about 250 miles driving back roads and wincing ever time I passed a cop... which was once. Also helped to have another red sports car with a spare front plate that I attached to the rear.

I want to make it abundantly clear that none of what I mentioned was a viable or responsible solution, but it was enough to cure the itch a bit.

I love it! I would've done the exact same thing. There's not a lot that would stop me from taking my badass brand new Viper out for a spin.

ACR Steve
08-26-2015, 08:23 AM
Vin and ship date doesn't mean much . My ship date is suppose to be next week however I am predicting another month.

BDZ1984
08-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Pink with white stripes.

Funny I know of someone who ordered Black with Pink stripes!

Bill Pemberton
08-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Ship dates on Vipers are notoriously incorrect, as they are computer based like on the regular production cars. All of our ACRs ( including Extremes ) are in D1 or being built and shipping dates for a couple have come and gone -- they were supposed to be here in early August. As noted prior, internal memo from Dodge has stated to tell individuals that Vipers will take 4 months to complete. This was in response to Dealers telling consumers they would get cars in 2-3 months, which is standard for normal production based cars/trucks. For a hand built car to be done in just a month or so more it actually quite remarkable, but again even that is not an exact science. With more and more being done as one of ones, that process will take a bit longer if custom colors are selected.

2doorrocket
08-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Ship dates on Vipers are notoriously incorrect, as they are computer based like on the regular production cars. All of our ACRs ( including Extremes ) are in D1 or being built and shipping dates for a couple have come and gone -- they were supposed to be here in early August. As noted prior, internal memo from Dodge has stated to tell individuals that Vipers will take 4 months to complete. This was in response to Dealers telling consumers they would get cars in 2-3 months, which is standard for normal production based cars/trucks. For a hand built car to be done in just a month or so more it actually quite remarkable, but again even that is not an exact science. With more and more being done as one of ones, that process will take a bit longer if custom colors are selected.

Lol... Well shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Viper White.

ViperDC
08-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Where are pics of these ACRs the forum dealers claim they have coming in? Surely they are starting to show up soon

ACR Steve
08-26-2015, 03:12 PM
2doorrocket- "Viper White."

Me too :)

1Koolasp 16ACR
08-26-2015, 03:26 PM
Stryker Purple, With GTS Billet Silver Stripes !!!!!! Just Became Avalable !!!!! I Went Base ACR.

A C R
08-26-2015, 06:44 PM
what are they doing at the viper plant ? the co. ACR's are showing up everywhere except in the hands of the customers who already paid.

Darius
08-26-2015, 08:46 PM
They need to be running that plant 24/7, at least until I get mine.

ACRucrazy
08-26-2015, 08:52 PM
what are they doing at the viper plant ? the co. ACR's are showing up everywhere except in the hands of the customers who already paid.

Ordering has only been open for about 3 months and at that time they announced that production would not start until 3rd quarter Also many were waiting on the extreme aero. What is 3rd Quarter for Chrysler, July 5-Oct 3? I wouldn't expect ACRs any sooner.

ViperSmith
08-26-2015, 08:58 PM

1) They aren't showing up anywhere yet. 2) No one has paid for their yet. 3) Only sold orders are being built - so you won't see many sitting on lots.

docwviper
08-26-2015, 09:44 PM
Stryker Purple, With GTS Billet Silver Stripes !!!!!! Just Became Avalable !!!!! I Went Base ACR.

Wait hold up. I was told you cannot do stripes with any stryker color by one of the three dealers? Is this is a joke? The day to day changes are getting aggravating this is why I'm waiting till things play out and I know exactly what is available.

Oh and who did you order from as well? Sounds like they may be the folks to go to.

1Koolasp 16ACR
08-27-2015, 06:56 AM
I Was Told The Same Thing, No Stripes On The Styker Paints, They Changed That Just Days Ago, And Now Avalable, Went With Courtney, At Viper Exchange,She Was Awesome, And A Very Fair Deal.

Dman
08-27-2015, 08:54 AM
1) They aren't showing up anywhere yet. 2) No one has paid for their yet. 3) Only sold orders are being built - so you won't see many sitting on lots.

VE posted on FB that they have several coming and are in inspection, that aren't spoken for, so they must have ordered a handful without customer orders. Not sure how many others have done that, but seems pretty cool of a dealer to invest like that so when someone wants one, they don't have to wait 4 mos. I'm doing all I can to avoid even looking at an ACR, seriously thinking about trading to a TA/2.0, lightly used, but the ACR is so damn hot, need to put a lock on my wallet.

ViperSmith
08-27-2015, 09:02 AM
To be fair Woodhouse/VE/Romoco aren't quite the same as the average dealer :D

Bill Pemberton
08-27-2015, 09:30 AM
Pretty sure all three of us have vehicles incoming, but we waited and most of the ACRs we have in the system have the Extreme Aero. The early ones incoming will be base ACRs, so will depend on what the consumer is looking for?

Dman
08-27-2015, 09:33 AM
To be fair Woodhouse/VE/Romoco aren't quite the same as the average dealer :D

Truer words have never been posted.

I swear if I ever moved to another state, it would be to one that one of these dealers is in.

ViperSmith
08-27-2015, 10:06 AM
Dave, you are screwed if there is an ACR in Vegas :D

docwviper
08-27-2015, 11:04 AM
So what stripe options are available in the stryker colors now? Is anything game?

Bill Pemberton
08-27-2015, 11:56 AM
No Adrenaline Red or custom color stripes for Stryker colors. Also no Strykers can be done in matte finish. Made a change over a month ago, though many were unaware, but likely due to so many requests.

BRACR
08-27-2015, 05:00 PM
What Stryker colors are available for the ACR?

Bill Pemberton
08-27-2015, 05:20 PM
Just the Orange and the Purple

1Koolasp 16ACR
08-27-2015, 05:20 PM
Stryker Orange And Stryker Purple !!!!!!