PDA

View Full Version : Is it true? $3,500 price increase?

Synergy
08-23-2015, 09:08 PM
Word on the street (as per another VOA member who recently ordered their ACR) that Dodge/SRT has introudced a $3,500 price increase on the Viper. I was having trouble justifying buying an ACR before this was announced... If this is true, then I'm now looking over $150k with the must have ACR options (in my opinion... extreme package, carbon fiber, center band and driver stripe, etc...). I purchased my TA NEW for less than $100k and now the next step up is an additional $50/60k? Does anyone else think SRT has priced the ACR a little too steep for what it is, especially with no proven times? For those who have ordered your ACR, are you holding back on certain options to keep the total at a reasonable price?

ViperSmith
08-23-2015, 09:14 PM
I haven't heard anyone else mention it - it would be strange for Dodge to release the pricing a month ago and now jack it up.

Unless you are Canadian, dollar is hosed up there.

Russ Oasis
08-23-2015, 09:26 PM
I haven't heard anything about a price increase. You can get a decent deal from Bernie at Viper Exchange (and it supports Ben's racing efforts). Here's how you should look at it though, you're going to kick the crap out of the $300,000 Ferrari for less than half the price. The Viper is a flat out STEAL. If we keep complaining about the price, Dodge will have no reason to invest in a new generation. Really, the car is a great price for what you get.

Bruce H.
08-23-2015, 09:57 PM
Ran my TA at Road America yesterday for the first time where it was sensational against strong participants. The TA is a screaming bargain for track use, but I really don't think the ACR is over-priced for what it is. There is just nothing in either models price range that can handle aggressive track use.

Stealth
08-23-2015, 09:58 PM
I haven't heard anything about a price increase. You can get a decent deal from Bernie at Viper Exchange (and it supports Ben's racing efforts). Here's how you should look at it though, you're going to kick the crap out of the $300,000 Ferrari for less than half the price. The Viper is a flat out STEAL. If we keep complaining about the price, Dodge will have no reason to invest in a new generation. Really, the car is a great price for what you get.

+1 Awesome bargain!

Photog1
08-23-2015, 09:59 PM
Here's how you should look at it though, you're going to kick the crap out of the $300,000 Ferrari for less than half the price. The Viper is a flat out STEAL. If we keep complaining about the price, Dodge will have no reason to invest in a new generation. Really, the car is a great price for what you get.

What he said!

XSnake
08-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Havent seen an actual price increase. They did cange the acr ordering option around though. It went from 19k to 25k. That increase automatically included the acr interior and the ccb's though.

zoomzoom22
08-23-2015, 11:18 PM
Does anyone know if one can be ordered 1 for 1 with almost no interior, ready to cage and go racing?
Or buy like it is and part out everything I don't need?

donk_316
08-23-2015, 11:26 PM
In Canada the 2016 has had 3(4?) price increases since being released.
Last I heard the base ACR was 149,900

Rapidrezults
08-23-2015, 11:34 PM
Last I heard I thought there was a price decrease considering Dodge made an update on the 1 of 1 ACR's and included the Carbon Ceramic brakes instead of making them a costly add on option.

I'm sure Bill P. or VE will clarify this soon.

Rapidrezults
08-23-2015, 11:36 PM
Does anyone know if one can be ordered 1 for 1 with almost no interior, ready to cage and go racing?
Or buy like it is and part out everything I don't need?

Don't think so. You may want to wait for the X version, which based on the many many references and rumors to it may be a very likely possibility. Not confirmed in any way though.

smhog
08-24-2015, 12:50 AM
Base price for the Viper increased $2000 for 2016. Destination charge increased $500 as well.

ViperPete
08-24-2015, 08:55 AM
Even is Dodge did increase the price (highly unlikely) the ACR is still an incredible value. Turn key track rat car with a warranty. Winning.

Synergy
08-24-2015, 10:51 AM
Has anyone on this thread actually ordered an ACR with all of these options, or just sharing their opinion that the ACR is a "great value" for the price?

Bill Pemberton
08-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Actually quite the contrary has been the case, as the 1 of 1 ( GTC ) has seen an overall reduction on the ACR packaging of around 10K since the initial price was reported. Dodge saw and error and corrected that , as well as the TA packaging.

No change in the pricing for the ACR I ordered on Friday from the ones I did in July.

Rapidrezults
08-24-2015, 11:48 AM
Has anyone on this thread actually ordered an ACR with all of these options, or just sharing their opinion that the ACR is a "great value" for the price?

I know exactly what you're saying. Me and another board member here that have both ordered have been scratching our heads thinking the same thing. Another 40k+ on top what we paid for our TAs, and that's not including the hit we are going to take on resale. I guess it's the price we pay to have the baddest track car on the block. I try not to think about it too much. Lol.

Nambo
08-24-2015, 11:52 AM

I have ordered a well equipped ACR and I believe Rapid has as well. I feel that this car is a performance bargain at 130k. You are going to spend over 300k to buy another vehicle that will be able to keep the ACR in sight.

Bill Pemberton
08-24-2015, 12:18 PM
There was a small change in basic TA pricing , basic Viper, but not on the ACR ----122,490 for the base and 128,490 for the extreme aero.

So considering apples to apples , the price increase from a TA to an ACR was no where near the prices quoted. If you want to load up with all the options , sure you can max out an ACR , but the TA comes one way, and a base ACR is not even twenty K higher. Sure some can argue that is the way they want it, but if that is a true comparison , then load up a GTC with the Time Attack Option and see the difference.

New Ceramic rotors , Alcantara interior, new rims, new tires, completely new suspension, new wing , new splitter,etc. We have an extreme , Billet Silver , being built right now and it is 128,490 , and with a new TA 2.0 right at 20K less, one would think it hard to argue that difference for the baddest production car track machine on the Planet?!

Order a loaded ACR, compare to a loaded GTC with the Time Attack Option 1 or 2, and the difference is the same -------- base ACR to traditionally ordered TA and not a bad difference at all.