PDA

View Full Version : Modified Mclaren MP4-12C (BMC Filters + Exhaust + Tuned) VS Dodge Viper Full Bolt Ons

moe.basilo
08-22-2015, 05:01 AM
Guys,

I have raced one of the fastest modified MP4-12C in town, the owner was a really cool guy it was a really close race too
I miss shifted to 5th gear and I had an extra passenger that weights around 190 Pounds we could not set another run because a lot of undercover cops were in that area I wanted to see what will happen if I shift to 5th gear (Power Shift).

Mclaren MP4-12C Mods are:
1- BMC Filters
2- Exhaust
3-Tuned

Enjoy the link below:

https://youtu.be/vaEdQmYz8JU

https://youtu.be/eD6BuYLdBD4
:drive:

SRT BILL
08-22-2015, 06:46 AM
Moe, that's awesome!! It looks like the 5th gear miss cost you the race. Good luck and be safe..

plumcrazy
08-22-2015, 08:27 AM
looks like a fun race.

moe.basilo
08-22-2015, 08:32 AM
Moe, that's awesome!! It looks like the 5th gear miss cost you the race. Good luck and be safe..

Yeah we were dead even i think if i power shifted to 5th i might take a notch ahead
But it was a cool race as soon as i miss shift the mclaren owner lift the paddle off.

- - - Updated - - -

looks like a fun race.

Yeah it was really fun

1.8t
08-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Without the passenger I think you have the stronger car. Well done!

viper04
08-22-2015, 09:46 AM
Moe.basilo
Nice!! you are becoming the "pdv25" over sea's and that's a compliment my man. Your car is moving.

Torquemonster06
08-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Very nice pull. I agree that the 5th gear whoops cost you. Thanks for sharing.

ViperDC
08-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Those McLarens are no joke. You have a very strong car.

vegasgtr
08-22-2015, 11:24 AM
moe 200lbs is HUGE in a close race like that. you Need to rerun the guy without passenger. I say you beat him by a car.

Darius
08-22-2015, 11:29 AM
I've noticed the Viper really hits a wall once you get into 5th gear.

LmeaViper
08-22-2015, 12:08 PM
Good race.
Thks for posting.

moe.basilo
08-22-2015, 03:30 PM

Yeah i guess you are right

moe.basilo
08-22-2015, 03:32 PM
Moe.basilo
Nice!! you are becoming the "pdv25" over sea's and that's a compliment my man. Your car is moving.

Naah man you can not compare me witb paul lol TRC back him up their videos better than mine
Haha thanks for the compliment :)

moe.basilo
08-22-2015, 03:38 PM

Yeah i tried to power shift 5th but i was a bit late so i miss shift i can not do a quick shifting with against a car like a mclaren .. You have to do power shifting thru all gears with them .. They are no joke man

Thanks man. Yeah mclarens are fast as hell

moe 200lbs is HUGE in a close race like that. you Need to rerun the guy without passenger. I say you beat him by a car.

Vegas, i will try to get another run tonight without a passenger .. I think we might meet in a couple of hours so if we do race ill post the video as soon as i get home

moe.basilo
08-22-2015, 03:40 PM

Yep, i couldnt power shift to 5th on time

Good race.
Thks for posting.

No problem lmea will post more videos in the future :drive:

pdv25
08-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Naah man you can not compare me witb paul lol TRC back him up their videos better than mine
Haha thanks for the compliment :)

LOL Good run Moe!!!! A 12C with those mods are fast. keep up the good work!

Btw get TRC and myself a flight over there. We can make you a few videos. :smilielol:

Nine Ball
08-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Grabbing 5th kinda sucks in these cars. Too much rpm drop. Doubt power-shifting would help going into 5th, for that reason.

And, leave passengers at the curb. Every 100 lbs is easily half a car length when roll-racing.

timberwolf
08-22-2015, 05:36 PM
I think the gearing alone in 5th gear is going to hurt you. Powershifting will help but the Mclaren will probably pull there. Best off just racing to 150 and calling it a day!! Great race and great driving minus the missed gear!

pdv25
08-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Grabbing 5th kinda sucks in these cars. Too much rpm drop. Doubt power-shifting would help going into 5th, for that reason.

And, leave passengers at the curb. Every 100 lbs is easily half a car length when roll-racing.

I think the gearing alone in 5th gear is going to hurt you. Powershifting will help but the Mclaren will probably pull there. Best off just racing to 150 and calling it a day!! Great race and great driving minus the missed gear!

Agreed! I've thrown 5th and the car dies. To tall of a gear. Only way to get to 150 in 4th is to rev it to 6800.

v10tt
08-22-2015, 09:00 PM
That is impressive, the bolt on MCs should run mid 5s 60-130.
whose tune does it have ?

moe.basilo
08-22-2015, 11:54 PM

Btw get TRC and myself a flight over there. We can make you a few videos. :smilielol:

hahaha that would be awesome to have you guys here :D

yeah you are totally right rpm drops when you hit 5th .. to be honest i was going for a TT package then when i saw D3 coming up with the F1X the idea faded away
because we are gone save time so no need to do R&D and it will take us alot of time to do the fabrication also so with the F1X package and a meth injection the car is going to be fast as hell
i really can't wait to release the kit and get it. so with boost i do not think the rpm is going to drop i doubt that. correct me if i was wrong. :)

Brackets are almost ready to 3D print for mockup! More pics coming ASAP!
too excited for that :fpopcorn:

moe.basilo
08-22-2015, 11:57 PM

yeah i think you are right

Agreed! I've thrown 5th and the car dies. To tall of a gear. Only way to get to 150 in 4th is to rev it to 6800.

yeah paul it seems this is the way to go for now .. but if the car is boosted thats something else .. won't die in 5th i guess

moe.basilo
08-23-2015, 12:04 AM

as the owner said it has a GAD TUNING - ECU Remapping

G37Sam
08-23-2015, 12:09 AM
Vegas, i will try to get another run tonight without a passenger .. I think we might meet in a couple of hours so if we do race ill post the video as soon as i get home

Any luck Moe? :D

moe.basilo
08-23-2015, 12:53 AM

looks like a fun race.

Moe.basilo

Good race.
Thks for posting.

Any luck Moe? :D

Guys, here you go a race without a passenger we got caught by undercover cops but thank god they let us go after that race :stickmen_burningsti.. i gave him a car and a half but he was stuck in my ass all the way thru gears
check the link below:
Enjoy :drive:

https://youtu.be/eD6BuYLdBD4

Vprbite
08-23-2015, 01:42 AM
Caught by UC cops racing? Wow. Is that something they are always on the lookout for in that area? Did he pull you both over or just you? That's great you got let go. That was an awesome race too. Some really great driving and a great job repping the viper and shutting up any haters. Sounded great too.

PDV says he wants to head over there. Hell I am down for a trip. We could head over there and have a great time. Those roads look perfect.

Keep the videos coming, as long as you don't get yourself busted. We definitwly don't want that. So, be careful. Great job and thanks for posting.

moe.basilo
08-23-2015, 03:21 AM
Caught by UC cops racing? Wow. Is that something they are always on the lookout for in that area? Did he pull you both over or just you? That's great you got let go. That was an awesome race too. Some really great driving and a great job repping the viper and shutting up any haters. Sounded great too.

PDV says he wants to head over there. Hell I am down for a trip. We could head over there and have a great time. Those roads look perfect.

Keep the videos coming, as long as you don't get yourself busted. We definitwly don't want that. So, be careful. Great job and thanks for posting.

yeah cops are always around but next time we will go somewhere a bit far just to be in the safe side
thanks man .. will post more videos in the future :)

ViperPete
08-23-2015, 11:08 AM
Awesome job!

Man you can shift fast!

Crotalidae
08-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Nice runs Moe...thanks for posting!!!

Nine Ball
08-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Look at that difference without the passenger! I never like racing with passengers, ever. :)

vegasgtr
08-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Look at that difference without the passenger! I never like racing with passengers, ever. :)

Like we said, 200lbs =1 car or so. Nice kill Moe. Never give advantage in a race. if you have a passenger then they should!

Darius
08-23-2015, 02:28 PM
I raced a 650s at shift sector, got smoked pretty good. Both cars were stock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqLr8zGR2fs

moe.basilo
08-23-2015, 02:58 PM
Awesome job!

Man you can shift fast!

Thanks man

Nice runs Moe...thanks for posting!!!

No problem, more to come brother

Yeah you are right 9ball

Like we said, 200lbs =1 car or so. Nice kill Moe. Never give advantage in a race. if you have a passenger then they should!

Yep i totally agree with you on that

I raced a 650s at shift sector, got smoked pretty good. Both cars were stock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqLr8zGR2fs

That mclaren is one of the fastest one we have in town it is faster than the 650s he raced with his friend he has 650s and he told me he gave him around 3 car lenght and there is another mclaren mp4-12c with upgraded turbos .. I just cant wait for D3 to finish their set up so i can put my hands on it ASAP!

Snakebit10
08-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Wow Nice run man. Mod for mod you took out an MP4. Impressive. NA vs Turbo I was expecting him to pull you on the big end. These Vipers with a tune and bolt-ons and driver mod are straight killers. Respect.

moe.basilo
08-24-2015, 06:52 AM
Wow Nice run man. Mod for mod you took out an MP4. Impressive. NA vs Turbo I was expecting him to pull you on the big end. These Vipers with a tune and bolt-ons and driver mod are straight killers. Respect.

Thanks man :drive: