PDA

View Full Version : Lime Rock Karting Crash....

ViperTony
08-20-2015, 10:17 AM
"Two teenagers have been hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries after a serious crash Wednesday night at Lime Rock Park, reports the Hartford Courant.According to Jalopnik.com, a spokesperson for Lime Rock Park - a 1.5-mile road course in Connecticut - confirmed that five teenagers broke into the track Wednesday night, stole five Endurance Karting karts and then attempted to race them the wrong way around the main course."

Hmm....kart crashing....seems like this is right up our alley (Oakland Valley) :) Anybody we know?

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/lime-rock-park-endurance-karting-crash-break-in-082015

Schen
08-20-2015, 12:26 PM
You know, I never brought it up, but me and Kurt talked about it at the IMSA race there...

There's like, no security at Limerock. Literally. I drove in the morning of the race and since I had my TI gear on they told me to park in the teams lot. They seemed a wee confused when I told them no I'm just a spectator. Then I realized there was literally no one checking tickets when we pulled in or walked down by the infield. So what did we buy tickets for? Who's to say where the kids came in from but you would think someone would be at the track. Go Karts aren't exactly quiet.

--RS

Viper Wizard
08-21-2015, 01:57 PM
Oakland? Who said Oakland! It wasn't me!! :icon_devil: I think Steve is still upset over that one! :mad:
Where are those pictures?