PDA

View Full Version : VIPER DAYS 2.0 taught by Skip Thomas at Pitt Race Oct. 15 &16

Russ Oasis
08-19-2015, 09:50 PM
Viper High Performance Driving School at PITT Race

VIPER DAYS 2.0
Learn how to handle your Viper in a safe and friendly environment. Join us for Viper Days 2.0, an introduction to high performance Viper and GT driving at the brand new PITT Race, Oct. 15 & 16. After a wildly successful weekend at VIR in June, NARRA is bringing back the legendary Skip Thomas, creator of Viper Days, the original Viper High Performance Driving School. This event is held the two days before finals for the NARRA GT and TT racing series. Those who feel confident and have gained enough experience during Viper Days, can opt to stay and participate in the NARRA Time Trial group on Saturday and Sunday. PITT race is a fun, safe, and scenic track with awesome facilities. Experience the newly repaved track and facilities, situated 30 minutes outside of Pittsburgh. A special price at the Marriott of $109.95 a night is available for Viper Days participants.

PROFESSIONAL INSTRUCTION
The formula has been proven by years of successful students turning into experienced defensive drivers and racers. There’s classroom training on the basics of car control and how to develop your high performance driving skills. The classes are taught by Skip Thomas himself. Then you’ll go on-track following a professional driver, so that you can hone your skills and learn the proper line through the corners. It’s all mixed with the friendship and camaraderie of fellow drivers.
Safe distances will be maintained between cars to keep you and your Viper safe. In between your track sessions, you'll debrief and discuss your experience with Skip Thomas and other racing professionals, who will provide feedback on your technique.

WANT MORE.
Stay till Saturday to participate in the NARRA Time Trial group, or just stay to watch. Saturday evening, join fellow Viper Days students and NARRA racers for the season’s “Finals Award Ceremony” at PITT Race’s banquet hall.

CALLING ALL VIPERS (AND OTHER GT CARS)
This driving school is special because you're surrounded by so many Vipers and GT car owners, as well as instructors who know how to teach you to drive! Don't miss this opportunity to develop your skills at a brand new track, all for an affordable price, in a safe environment. F&S Photography will be on hand to capture your car on the track. Photos will be available for purchase.

BRING A GUEST
Drivers can share the fun by purchasing a pass for their guests. For $35, a guest can sit in on all the classroom lessons, take a parade lap ride around the track at lunch time, and purchase a banquet ticket for the awards ceremony on Saturday night. If you're a Viper owner (or other GT car owner) and want to be part of the fun, but don't want to take your car on the track, simply sign up as a guest.
VIPER DAYS DRIVER (2-days) – Early-Bird Price $595*
• Entry to PITT
• Viper and GT parking in paddock
• Classroom training with Skip Thomas (mandatory)
• 3 -4 track modules each day with professional instruction
• Parade lap at lunch (Viper Days guests allowed)
• Viewing of Viper GT races Saturday and Sunday.
• Certificate of completion of High Performance Driving School**
• Saturday night banquet optional
** Certificate may entitle you to a future discount on your insurance. Check with your carrier.
GUEST PACKAGE - $35
SATURDAY NIGHT BANQUET - $50
• Dinner in PITT Race’s banquet hall
• Special Viper guest speakers including Skip Thomas
• Annual awards ceremony for NARRA GT and TT drivers.

BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM NOW!

Reserve your room at The Marriott, 100 Cranberry Woods Dr. Cranberry Township, PA 16066. Call 724 772-3700 . It’s close to the track. You must ask for the NARRA rate, which is $109.95

TECH INSPECTIONS
Tech inspections are required to be completed by you or your mechanic prior to arriving at the track. If you do not turn in a signed tech inspection sheet, or your vehicle does not pass, you will not be able to run. Go to narraonline.com and click to download the tech inspection form and USPDE rules. The forms can be found under the US Performance Driver SOLO heading. The rule book includes helpful tips and information to make your event more enjoyable.

REQUIREMENTS
Helmets (SA 2005 or newer)
Long sleeve cotton shirts
Long pants
Closed-toed shoes
See USPDE rule book for additional requirements/recommendations

TRACK INSURANCE
Supplemental track insurance is available to all attendees from two sources listed below. While this is a Driver's Education event, some insurance companies will not cover your car if it is on a track. On-track insurance is great for peace of mind, and lets you enjoy the event more knowing your snake is covered.
On Track Insurance: http://www.ontrackinsurance.com or call Steven Katz at (845) 638-0505.
Lockton Motorsports provides specific coverage for our 2 day event. You can get pricing by going to their website http://locktonmotorsports.com or call Fredrick at (913) 652-7529

MORE INFORMATION
This event is managed by the North American Road Racing Association. Please contact Lucie Yeakel at Lucie@narraonline.com or 817 829-4893.

This event will be held, rain or shine, hot or cold, and guaranteed to ROCK! This is a great opportunity for Viper owners/drivers to learn how to handle their snakes. Sign up before Oct 1st to receive the early-bird discount pricing! Prices increase $100 after that.
To register for this event, go to www.narraonline.com and click on the Viper Days logo or call Lucie Yeakel at (817) 829-4893.

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: I've done some track events before, but would like to run PITT Race. Is there an intermediate run group?
A: Skip Thomas will assess your driving skills, and cars will be divided into two groups, beginners and experienced drivers. The track is 2.8 miles long, so there will be no trouble keeping the groups separated. If you are beyond these levels, you may be signed off to drive in the TT group on Saturday and Sunday.

Q: I'd like my wife/child to attend this school. They've never done a track event before. Is this good for first-timers?
A: Yes! This is the ideal venue for first timers. The track is safe and beginners will be closely supervised by Skip Thomas and other experienced instructors.

Q: Is there a minimum age limit?
A: No, but you must be a licensed driver to sign up as a student.

Q: Can I run on Saturday only?
A: You can run Saturday only but not Sunday only. In either case the price for the day or weekend is the same.

Q: Can I share my car with another driver?
A: Yes, but both drivers must pay the full amount. Both drivers will share the same run group, so you will have less on-track time by doing this.

Q: Can I do the school on Saturday and let my guest do it on Sunday?
A: No, the on-track training you are going to receive on Saturday is a prerequisite to driving on Sunday. Only those who register as "Drivers" can drive and you both must attend and drive on Saturday in order for either of you to drive the track on Sunday.

Q: May I bring a different car?
A: Yes, the things you’ll learn apply to all vehicles, so long as the car you bring is a GT sports cars.

Q: Do I need a rollbar for my RT/10?
A: No, as long as your head is below the sport bar with your helmet on. If it is above, you will need the top installed.

Q: Do I need a rollbar for my SRT-10 convertible?
A: No, but you must run with your top up.

Q: What's the cancellation policy?
A: You may cancel up until Sept. 15th with a $100 penalty. After Sept. 15th, there is no cancellation due to the arrangements that are made in advance at the track.

Q: When should I plan to arrive?
A: If you are coming from out of the area, it would be wise to arrive on Wednesday night to be ready for 7AM registration Thursday morning. If you live closer, you should be at the track by 7AM Thursday morning.

Q: When will we be finished on Friday?
A: 6:30PM on Friday and if you stay to do the TT (Time Trial) sessions on Saturday and Sunday, you’ll be done by 5PM on those days.

Q: I thought NARRA was a race series. Is this a race?
A: While NARRA will be racing during the weekend, this event is not a race. It's driver education with Viper Days, the pre-eminent Viper and GT driver education series in America. NARRA wants all drivers to be able to handle their cars safely.

Q: May I take passengers?
A: Only during the pace-car parade laps at lunch. # of passengers is limited to the number of seatbelts in the car.

Q: What prep do I need for my car?
A: Please see the tech sheet for details. We recommend fresh brake fluid to prevent boil-overs, fresh brake pads, and fresh tires (less than 3 years old).

Q: What else should I bring?
A: A folding chair, sunscreen, a hat, water, notepad and pen, rain gear, extra change of clothes. Be prepared to spend the day at the track. A more complete list of helpful items can be found in the USPDE Rules on the website.

Q: Can I use Go-pro cameras on/in my car?
A: Yes. Please make sure they are securely attached and tethered to a fixed point on the vehicle in case they separate from the mount.

Q: Is this just an open track day? What can I expect to learn from attending this school?
A: This is not an open track day. You will learn how and why your car handles the way it does and how to control it under various circumstances. You'll learn the basics of racing and defensive driving and will have multiple sessions on the track each day in which to practice what you've learned. If you're good enough or experienced enough, you'll able to begin to find your car's limits in a more experienced group (at your option).

NARRA
08-26-2015, 08:45 AM
Matt Altomare was at our Viper Days event at Virginia International Raceway and he put together this great short video. It will give you a really good idea of how much fun and how much you can learn about your Viper! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPah72Ybkp0 Thanks Matt!

thetalonguy
08-26-2015, 09:36 AM
Was a great time!! I would strongly urge anyone on the fence to partake. NARRA ran a great event and we were completely safe the entire time. It definitely gave me a ton more confidence in my daily driving and a new thirst for tracking. It's also a great value; see how much it costs for track time and coaching elsewhere.

There is nothing like getting your Viper out on the track to do what it was built for.

I'm going to try to make Pitt as well this year. At that point, I may have put more miles on my Viper than my DD this year. :-)

Feel free to reach out to me through PM if you have any concerns or questions.

Russ Oasis
09-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Just a reminder that the discount pricing on the Viper Days 2.0 event ends on Oct. 1. Learn how to handle your Viper or other performance car. PITT Race is an awesome track and facility. Come enjoy the weekend and stay for NARRA Finals. Join us for the big Saturday night banquet. Sign up now. Go to NARRAONLINE.COM and click on the Viper Days logo.

Russ Oasis
09-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Everyone....This is it. Registration CLOSES Sept. 30th at midnight. If you want Skip Thomas to teach you how to drive and control your Viper on track, this is the best (and maybe the last) opportunity you're going to have. Come to VIPER DAYS 2.0 at PITT Race Oct. 15 & 16. Register now as it positively closes at midnight Sept. 30. If you have any questions, PM me.