PDA

View Full Version : SRT All Acess San Diego

Sundiego
12-09-2013, 03:10 PM
I went there at 10am this morning. The people were great, racers without attitude from the Richard Petty experience. The cars were well displayed and very well explained.
There was fruit, coffee and buns.

The use of carbon fiber, left exposed is cool. The doors, hatch and hood are light! It is the first Viper that could be a comfortable, almost all weather(snow may not be a good idea) daily driver. The looks are growing on me slowly. The interior finishes were good to great. The shorter shifter from the factory was great. The car had smooth power from the bottom, unlike the Gen 4. Immensely drivable at low speeds. The sound is much improved. That engine has the best growl of any Gen.

One small gripe about the interior. On the base car, around the shifter hole, is plastic with a fake carbon fiber pattern. With so much real carbon fiber, please don't do fake. The tail lights are almost the only out there in LED that look like a light when lit, not like a string of Christmas lights. Around the front headlights- string of lights.

The location was a parking lot East of the downtown ball park. Who in heck chose that? The bums came and looked at the cars with us. The route was chosen by one guy who didn't know San Diego, plotted out the night before. It was an OK route last night, but clogged with traffic at 10:30. We drove down the streets where the homeless are sent. We drove past soup kitchen and food bank lines. They were not impressed. The late afternoon drivers will sit in rush hour. I have no idea how the cars drive at any sort of speed. I've been to many of these with other manufacturers, and there are fabulous places in San Diego county to do this. If I was asked to pick the worst possible, this may have been it. They spent a lot of money to do this. It was done right. The people were the right people chosen to look at the cars. They were getting prospects' meat in the seat. Please take the time to call a few locals from car clubs or dealers to suggest a good driving location.

Thank you SRT, but you have to get the location right.

I may be interested in a TA or an ACR when they come out. No info was given out on future products like an ACR, understandably.

72hemi
12-09-2013, 09:45 PM
I can't wait for the tour to get here this Saturday in San Jose :-)

HyperViper
12-09-2013, 10:39 PM
I went to the 1:00 PM session and it was the same. SRT was generous in putting out a nice spread for lunch but the route could have certainly been better. That being said, still had a great time. Didn't get to open up much, but the new Gen 5s are super sweet to drive.